GB News

…blindly focused on people with penises, and doesn’t account for shit.

Yup.

2 Likes

Nigel Farage announced with an evening slot 4 days a week
Going to utterly save their hide isn’t it, despicable

Is it though? Genuinely no idea, but given we’ve left the EU, is anyone remotely interested in what Farage has to say?

Definitely. There’s a massive part of society that want their Two Minute Hate and he’s the perfect ringleader. It really doesn’t matter want the topic is as long as you can get really angry about it.

I imagine the prick will start big with immigration but also expect a thorough bashing of Covid restrictions, the MSM, ‘wokeness’, the ‘radical’ left…

Now GBNews will abandon at least the pretence of balance can see him/ them having moderate success. Could just run Roy Chubby Brown shows after midnight as a cost cutting exercise?

1 Like

Probably more people than are interested in what Keith has to say, sadly.

(Think we’re seriously underestimating Farage’s popularity in large parts of working class England).

I’ve no doubt they are more interested in the fascist than the human rights lawyer.

I suppose I don’t really understand what people would get out of Nigel Farage right now that they’re not already getting from the current government. His sole mission will be to get racist clips to go viral, but given that the government is a racist shower of bastards, I’m just not sure he’ll be as successful as he was when David Cameron was in charge and we were still in the EU.

With Boris Johnson in number 10, Farage has much less scope to make racists think that someone is finally speaking up for them, which has long been his appeal.

Johnson and the tories can be fairly full-on mask-off fascists in terms of policy but they definitely can’t be as mask-off in terms of what they actually say. Farage probably can be on GB News.

Remember that Trump didn’t necessarily want to be president, he just wanted to say spout bullshit and have people pay attention. Farage is similar. He definitely could’ve joined the tories in recent years and become an MP but finds it more enjoyable to just be a nasty prick from the sidelines.

1 Like

Think the notion that Trump didn’t want to be president is just something that liberals clung to as some sort of consolation, hoping that he was miserable.

Trump ran for president to become president, he hates losing above all else. Look what happened when he did lose.

12 Likes

I reckon he didn’t really want the work and responsibility. Or understood what was involved. But definitely wanted to win and be president

7 Likes

Is it not more that trump is searingly conservative libertarian and believes that he genuinely should be doing less?

1 Like

Trump spent his whole life surrounding himself with people who did what he wanted, when he wanted and asked no questions. I can imagine how profound his frustration was when he discovered the most important thing a president can hear, especially a president like Trump, is “no”.

1 Like

Also brought up listening to his white supremacist dad, that he was literally born to rule the masses because their family is somehow :face_with_hand_over_mouth: naturally dominant
Trump definitely thought it was his destiny/birthright to lead america

1 Like

Every old school Bullingdon Tory is like this too, less so the red-wall working class hard right that I think Farage is closer to culturally. That being said the amount of failed attempts Farage has had, he definitely does want to be an MP, probably just because in his mind’s eye he is Thatcher II: Electric Boogaloo.

4 Likes

Wish he was a lot more like Thatcher

2 Likes

Excited to go to itchy and scratchy land?

1 Like

Extremely

7 Likes

Read something also about how the Trumps were never properly accepted into NYC High Society because they weren’t old old old Manhattan money, they were outer boroughs normies done good, and it drove him crazy because it was basically all he wanted

Absolutely nothing bad could ever come of someone driven by both an excess of self confidence and crippling self doubt, right

3 Likes

Trump doesn’t have enough self-doubt. What he’s got in spades is denial. He is literally incapable of accepting any form of defeat/loss/joke at his expense. There’s always someone else to blame, forever.

3 Likes

I’d also argue that he hasn’t got any real self-confidence, he’s just deluded and arrogant

true self-confidence includes the confidence to admit being wrong, admit not understanding everything, admit that other people have skillsets you don’t have etc.

3 Likes

fuck GB News obviously but this is quite funny

27 Likes