GB News

Have fun everyone!

Yeah, but what I’m saying is we’re there already. The right are really good at it because the grift is about getting people angry about whatever, and that plays perfectly into the hands of socials and the way they’re structured for discussion. But aside from galvanising messaging that right wingers are already completely unmoveable about anyway, I don’t know what it’s going to achieve. We’ll see I guess.

2 Likes

Yeah, my mum will watch and be fully right wing a day in.

2 Likes

i think you’d be surprised how many people would be more rightwing save for not spending time on facebook. this mobilises a very different group of media consumers in my eyes

His will be online-only though, skirting the Ofcom rules.

As if TimesRadio wasn’t bad enough.

1 Like

starting to come to the increasing conclusion that the left needs more bastards.

tankie!

think more evil than that in a way. like a left peter mandelson

1 Like

Do racist nonsense > share to social media > get a few more viewers > take viewers away from BBC & Sky > BBC and Sky use more right wing knobheads to get viewers back > Discourse moved right > Lose £60m but don’t care as they’ve achieved what they want

6 Likes

the farage of telly

1 Like

started reading that as a greater than list :smiley:

2 Likes

“and finally here’s Mike, who has some pretty interesting news for fans of otters”

good old Mike <3

1 Like

Sounds like the sort of thing that shouldn’t be labelled as a news channel but will be anyway.

1 Like

Probably merits a cross-post to the Brits are at it again thread about the fact it’s called GB News

2 Likes

i’m sure it will have scottish views front and centre.

1 Like

probably just to get around the “arrested and thrown in jail” laws currently in place

Yeah this will be really popular. I think it goes back to what we were talking about yesterday regarding is it useful to personally insult the people in our communities taken in by this toxic horseshit. But it’s so hard not to when vast swathes of the country fucking LOVE having society dismantled, losing all their rights, and dying worse off than their ancestors.

1 Like

*as long as someone they don’t like is sad about it/worse off from it

1 Like

I’ve been on Look East! They did a piece about some work I was doing for someone who’d had their identity stolen. I wonder if it’s still online anywhere.

2 Likes

Wales is in this horrendous position where you can’t criticise the Welsh government AT ALL without calls to abolish the entire assembly, it’s a really backwards and toxic way of doing politics for both opposition and those in power. And it’ll be all the worse with this news channel doing exactly that at every turn.

2 Likes