GDPR (niche thread)

So I heard you were involved in a record label of some sort…

(Also I think I just cringed so hard my face is now inside itself)

I mean, obviously we’ve signed her. Going after that sweet #ukelele $$$

oh fucking hell

Seem to remember Isy Sutie used to start her set with “I know… A woman AND a guitar!”

This appears to take that joke to the next level.

Went on to Twitter this morning, was prompted to re-confirm preferences (may be coincidence, presuming not). Noticed that right at the bottom, ‘share all of my information with Twitter’s partners’ was automatically selected, you absolute shower of cunts.

2 Likes

:grimacing: that sounds like shoddy work from [charityname]

Someone forgot to press send, eh?

Ho shit, does that mean I need to log back in :grimacing:

Hmm, nothing popped up although I have discovered that Twitter reckons my age is:

13-54, >65

because I’ve never entered my birthdate :smiley:

Still getting emails through despite not opting in to things!

FFS our work webmail access is being revoked. This means that I will need my laptop to check my emails so no more relaxed WFH and checking emails on the go. Goddamn you, GDPR.

6 Likes

Browsing a website not visited since GDPR on a mobile phone is an absolutely terrible experience

What’s your strat?

1 Like

Heh. Hadn’t seen this. Just posted something similar in the things that used to be better thread. Total bollocks innit.

Took @plasticniki and Mr plasticniki into a pizza restaurant at the weekend. They had one of those boards which had thank you cards or praise comments from satisfied customers. At the bottom was a part for adding your email address. There were about 60 cards, complete with email addresses, for the whole world to see and use.

If it’s not a site I use regularly, leave immediately. If it’s one I do, find the disable everything option.

Is this legal?

What a mess

In principle, I think so, yes. They’re not forcing them on you, they’re saying that their journalism is only available if you’re willing to consent. However I’m not convinced they’ve gone into sufficient detail for you to make an informed choice before clicking.

1 Like

Thanks

Good job we all only browse the set five websites all day every day!

1 Like

I’ve become obsessed. Look at this nonsense ffs