Gear Wanker thread Mk II

When a new instrument is intentionally damaged to make it look like an old beat up instrument.

christ

1 Like

I’m still not entirely sure who Daryl Jones is but his signature instrument is still the best bass I’ve ever played.

Please don’t educate me, I’d rather not know.

nae clue but i did use the guy from staind’s signature model on some recordings once :man_facepalming:

I guess It’s Been Awhile since then.

2 Likes

how about the guitar in this video?

He must have caught that some hopper to take the upper bout clean off.

Someneck in Dublin stocks Nash guitars and they’re so reliced that I’d be embarrassed to play them. I genuinely wouldn’t play one if it was given to me. Look at the cut of this fake wear on the back of the neck.

Genuinely makes me angry. What the fuck is the pont the one they have for Jimmy Page that released by Fender custom shop was something like £25k and had every dint put in it.

2 Likes

Minging.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :rofl: my word

1 Like

Can’t wait to spend upwards of three grand on this!

Best thing is they’re not even custom made, they’re literally just AllParts necks and bodies. Fucking atrocities.

Get it right in the bin.

2 Likes

Is this the lot that make Noel Gallagher’s guitars?

Yea - I hate the idea of a guitar faked to look its age (some of these above are abominations) but the roadworn 50’s tele would definitely tempt me away from this stance.

1 Like

Apparently so. He’s a man of taste evidently!

I bid on this a while back, ducked out at approx €400

https://www.kaplans.se/sv/auktioner/2533/vara/962758

didn’t particularly like the ‘heavy aging’ but it would have been a bargain at that price

Literally never heard him play, then.