Gear Wanker thread Mk II

Anyone got any experience with the Ibanez semi-hollows? The coral pink one is calling to me:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/electric-guitars/ibanez-as63-crp-semi-hollow-guitar-in-coral-pink

My money would go to a well-sorted (Used) epiphone Sheraton or something like that

Or a 60s ES335. In for a penny…

1 Like

Could refinish it in pink myself with some Warhammer paints

Floyd rose, scalloped frets, LED fret markers, inbuilt metal zone

2 Likes

Any thoughts on practice amps?

@ttf suggested the Vox Pathfinder 10

The zoom ms70CDR is banging value for money, it absolutely knocks out shoegaze and ambient patches which is great for me as I’m shit at guitar. Quite a bit of buzz with it at times if you use one of the compressors on it, but I’m powering it with batteries ATM

9/10 would recommend to any beginner guitar pedal guy such as myself

1 Like

Looking great mate!

1 Like

I liked the CDR so much I bought a MG50 too!

I’ve seen posts on Reddit about jailbreaking the CDR to put some of the MG50 effects on which I might look into!

Anyone know if the newer electribe is any good?

Was looking at the esx1 but it seems to be very expensive these days. I do love the workflow of the ER1 though, shame the kicks and snares on it are a bit… Unuseable

yes…there is a Russian made hack tool that i found on the multistomp facebook group. I’ve not tried it though,

The MS50 v3 software seems to have nearly everything the CDR has, which seems a bit odd. Thinking I’ll almost certainly get an MS60B when i get a bass.

Yeah, it does have everything with the fw upgrade, but its still limited as to how many effects it can hold, so you have to shed some of the effects to make it the same as the CDR. I think they both hold 173 effects, but with the upgrade the MS50G has access to 200+. I got rid of all the metal amps and some of the distortion pedals.

I’m playing Bass VI at a street concert on sunday and have made a patch to approximate my old DOD meatbox for some more bass :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Everyone ready for financial ruin at the auction tomorrow?

I don’t want anything I don’t want anything I don’t want anything

How many items on your wishlist? I have a reasonable 8.

This is already about, oh, three times my budget

https://bid.gardinerhoulgate.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/169/lot/65362

1 Like

The Metal Zone is at £30, which is doable.

1 Like