Gear Wanker thread Mk II

1 Like

If I never post again after tonight you can have my pedals.

1 Like

you’re gonna turn up there and it will be like

Except with ‘Cambridge Penoiding Club’ on the side of the van or w/e

5 Likes

its official 150 euros :fire:

https://www.behringer.com/Categories/Behringer/Keyboards/Synthesizers-and-Samplers/TD-3-SR/p/P0DTD#googtrans(en|en)

so for the same price as a Moog Matriarch I could get a 16 voice polyphonic 303

hmm

Seen that loopop demo of this? pretty odd at the end

The Bro-1 seems to be a much more faithful clone

€150 for the T-D-3 seems like a no brainer though

always gonna be a price/authenticity thing innit. it gets near enough but it was never gonna please the fan bois who want accurate glide and pitch behaviour.

Not sure why they included the DS1 section :confused:

1 Like

just watching this now. shame he didn’t A-B it with some others, although I’ve heard that like a lot of hardware of the era no two boxes were the same and you had good/bad ones :man_shrugging:

the fuck

Built on strip board too! Amazing value!

1 Like

:smiley: jesus christ what a load of shit

1 Like

Behringer just haven’t got the filter calibration right and loopop is demoing position settings rather than matching sounds by rolling the cutoff down a bit

Weird that Behringer would do that though - get the whole unit clowner & then just fail to calibrate the filter properly. Maybe he got a dodgy one to demo

1 Like

Didn’t get murdered :+1:

7 Likes

So, stereo rigs/signal chains, then (guess what’s brought this on).

Right now my signal chain is guitar → compressor → fuzz face* → [various drive pedals] → [modulation] → Flashback Delay → JHS Spring Tank reverb → amp

I can’t use the FX loop on my amp because that’s my line out to the audio interface and I’m not having totally different signal chains for dicking around and recording.

Of that lot, some of the modulation, the Flashback, and now the Specular Tempus are stereo and everything else is mono. Crucially, that includes the spring reverb that sits at the end of my chain because it’s an always on amp-like reverb. However, if I leave it at the end of the chain, it looks like all the stereo routing would be pointless because it’ll be routed back to mono through that.

Is there a better solution to that than moving the spring reverb to be the last mono pedal and then go modulation → Specular Tempus → Flashback → amp?

*it’s a total diva about where it is in the chain, it needs to be up front

Sounds like you need to buy a reverb pedal with stereo input

2 Likes

Oh you cunt

I would have that mono spring reverb as a send/rtn at the end of the chain - mono spring verbs as returns on stereo tracks sound amazing - better than stereo verbs in most cases. I’d probably also have the delay as a send/rtn too

you need a mixer basically 'cos right now u r doin it rong

2 Likes

I’m sorry, I can’t hear you over the sound of this delicious anti-shimmer reverb.

The Specular Tempus does! But I want that to be doing fancier things than pretending to be an amp reverb.

Hang on - have you got a stereo amp though, or 2x amps?