Gear Wanker thread Mk II

Been tempted for years but not really got a use.

Cracking up at the marketing copy on this bad boy

THE PROPHET DIGITAL DELAY

A prophecy once foretold of a highly-affordable, studio-quality delay pedal that could give musicians all the pristine digital delay tones they would ever want, from short reverberating slapbacks to long, stretchy beds of ambience and everything in-between. Well, thanks to the advent of THE PROPHET DIGITAL DELAY – that prophecy has finally been fulfilled!

Perfectly Pristine

THE PROPHET gives you instant access to modern, perfectly-pristine digital delay tones without any added coloration – just repeats. This makes THE PROPHET perfect for fattening up rhythm chord passages, cascading post-rock ambience, or more contemporary rock and country styles.

Oh aye

“Alan Sparkhawk and Mimi Parker use TC Electronic.”

1 Like

Have eyed up the compact version of this, the SY-1, for some time. Every demo I’ve watched sounds great.

1 Like

This seems the most appropriate thread for this as lots of you will be in bands – do you have any recommendations for merch printing places? Affordable/small business type vibes preferable.

awesome merch have always been great for everything, gbol too

2 Likes

Fuck going on holiday and hanging with Wayne at O Beach go to the woods and build a guitar:

2 Likes

That was fantastic. Thanks for linking! Those chaps have some crazy wood-related chops, and the playing at the end was lovely too! 10/10

1 Like

Has anybody any tips for finding local musicians? I’m looking for a drummer (Lincolnshire) for a recording project (for releases).

I’ve tried ‘Joinmyband’ a few times over the years, but this seems to be the pattern:

Ad:

Bass Player wanted for band, Husker Du, Minute Men, Big Black. Zero budget.

Responses:

Hi! I’m a professional bass player with a 500,000 watt Gallien Krueger amp. I play slap and am a professional. I will play in your project and I like all types of music, especially Acid Jazz. How much are you paying?

Etc,

Any tips? Places to advertise? Etc?

1 Like

Yeah, the ‘nobody really uses it’ issue it most troublesome. Also, it’s all very well saying ‘I like all types of music’ but that isn’t very helpful in terms of finding a musician that fits into a particular…style. Stupid musicians.

1 Like

The Beatles did it on side 2 of abbey Road and it came out good

1 Like

I have a drumming friend in Lincolnshire

Are they the sort of person who would leap at the opportunity to play drums on an album of confusing indie/post/kraut/prog rock? Recording budget close to zero. Upside is it’ll almost certainly get a vinyl and digital release. Average age of contributer is 40++

It’s a very hard sell!

He’s well over 40 so no worries there :grinning:

I can certainly ask him if you like - his musical opportunities have been limited to cover bands since he moved there so he might leap at it

Yes, would genuinely appreciate that, thanks very much! Do you know his music tastes at all?

Broadly “indie” I would say, I think he can turn his hands to most things. I’ll text him this

“person who would leap at the opportunity to play drums on an album of confusing indie/post/kraut/prog rock? Recording budget close to zero. Upside is it’ll almost certainly get a vinyl and digital release. Average age of contributer is 40++” and see if it tickles his fancy

Ace! Thanks!

Forgot I got these noisemakers recently when I went on a total gear splurge

So far … so unsure. Wanted a Loop Junky forever as I thought it would bring exactly the warped hazy sounds I was after. It’s growing on me all the time but I think it makes everything a bit too muffled? So sure it sounds like an old vinyl, but almost more like a broken one that you don’t want to listen to anymore … gonna do some A/Bing with my Julia and see which sort of vibe really works for me, as it does have potential (and tbh the comp side is fun too)

The Shallow Water though, man. Wanted to love it, review vids make it sound excellent, but so far I can get nothing from it. It’s either so subtle as to make no difference or it just takes away all attack and dynamics from my playing. Think this is like semi-hollows, where people I love can use them well but they just don’t work for my own playing

I sold one of those vertical loop junky’s recently and bought a Julianna instead. For pretty much exactly the reason you’ve said. On the compression side I found it too squished, and the lo-fi side was so hissy that I found it hard to use anywhere,

Been thinking about attempting to build a 12 string for a while but, due to the B word getting stuff over from America is now expensive. This one keeps popping up and keeps being reduced might hold out for a bit and see how low this one goes: