Gear Wanker thread Mk II

now I want one of these too

https://www.waves.com/hardware/nx-head-tracker

just for listening to music I think it would be cool

Liking these already. This is from 30 seconds of fiddling and is completely dry - no reverb or delay

Bit more movementy (technical terms) than the other oscillators.

2 Likes

purchased, it gave me this link to share for 10% off if anyone wants to buy anything, dunno how much use it is as it says not combined with other offers and the normal offers are probably better

https://www.waves.com/r/b1iwry

Ooh, squelchy! I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how good the MF is for bass and that sounds like it could be fun addition.

1 Like

Behringer have provided an update

Want one

I am loathe to want one … but I do

Definitely one of those things I have always wanted and definitely no idea how to use it/what I would use it for and I don’t need it but, look at it, it has a fucking joystick and a load of switches and knobs.

1 Like

I’ve used a VCS3 and also a synthi AKS a few times. Always totally flummoxed by the modulation matrix but they just sound so great that it doesn’t so much matter in the end

1 Like

WHERE IS THE 909 THOUGH!

All the EMS stuff looks amazing that KB1 looks fun.

1 Like

4 Likes

Is it wrong to kinda dig the PRS Silver Sky Lunar Ice limited edition?

Thinking of buying a small tape machine to bounce tracks to, so I can add more character to bits and pieces. Largely inspired by my VSS 30 which adds so much dirt to the stuff sampled into it:

Samples start at 44 seconds

I’ve thought about selling it because I bought it for £2 at auction and they go for maybe £200. Can’t quite bring myself to do so

1 Like

I like how the abbey road studio 3 plugin lets me hear what my mix would sound like with different size heads

1 Like

what pedal power supplies is every one rocking? I really do need to invest in one eventually, just such an uninspiring way to spend £100s

I’ve got a couple of 30 quid isolated things, like the Donner DR2 or something similar. Never had any issues with them.

1 Like

This one from Thommen is amazing for the cash, no need to get anything else IMO

1 Like

Sure I’ve said before a voodoo labs digital and a dc brick the old one.

Loads of Boss 9vs because my ancient pedals start making weird whistling noises if I used anything else.

now i’ve started to set up backing tracks in my DAW that I can control with my helix it has occurred to me, I could go full midi wanker, set up an external instrument on the DAW and have it automate the effects on the Helix, so I could play foot free except for my standalone pedals and looper, could even automate the looper. Helix the gift that keeps giving