Gear Wanker thread Mk II

2 Likes

seriously

thatā€™s ridiculous

2 Likes

Lyra 8 and a little Hyve touch synth thing, some other bits too. For context, this is a bimonthly free all-dayer noise bullshit eventā€¦ My man seems over-prepared

3 Likes

I think youā€™re gonna have to make friends with him

1 Like

We once had a Bring Your Own Synth night and a lad turned up with an actual Yamaha DX7. I nearly fucking died when I saw him setting up.

Bit more spendy than a DX7

Soundgas, always Soundgas.

Bloody hell id be scared walking back to the car with it :scream:

3 Likes

I had a DX7 for a long time. Sold it before I moved to Sweden.

Even a non-soundgas one will set you back Ā£12-15k

Worth more than the dudeā€™s car Iā€™d guess

I know what it is BITT.

1 Like

Ordered the Fender Vintera 60s Jazzmaster from my local music shop at the weekend. Expected arrival is late summer 2022. I donā€™t mind that too much as I was planning to pay it off week by week anyway and this gives me time to save up but that is a long time to wait.

5 Likes

My E-series Strat is the same, my favourite neck out of any guitar Iā€™ve ever played, probably because of a combination of the radius and how thin the MIJ necks were in the eighties.

Iā€™m used to switching between bass and guitar and as such radius doesnā€™t really bother me but itā€™s nice to have something I know Iā€™m definitely comfortable with.

1 Like

Got the Ice Blue Metallic one coming my way, just have to spend no extra money between now and then as weā€™re buying a house and getting married and money will be tight.

1 Like

Niiiiiiice. Being eyeing up the black Jazzmasters with 1 singlecoil and 1 humbucker forever now.

Like this

Or with 2 singlecoils instead

Love those black 70s style Jags.

2 Likes

Depends what youā€™re using as a delay, you can step
It down (or up) in harmonic intervals in time with the tempo change

Alternatively do two tracks and fake the delay bridge across

Unless you mean it doesnā€™t work because the change in key doesnā€™t give you the change in tempo you were after?

1 Like

You have to match your delay intervals AND pitch intervals to your tempo changes. Itā€™s either some tricky co-dependent maths if youā€™re doing it via digital programmiing/MIDI or lots of trial and error if youā€™re using tape/analogue echo/emulation with a continous pitch bend/sweep

Itā€™s also much harder to describe in words on a mobile screen than it is to programme :upside_down_face:

1 Like