8 Likes

Yay I won I won!

2 Likes

I appear to have accidentally bought something else as well

oops!

3 Likes

Very new to guitar but stumbled across this pedal last night and I am in love:

That always happens

The Andertons demo is probably the best one - although those guys are annoying as hell too

Pretty sure I’m going to be using it on pretty much everything except for guitar

I saw the video you meant now…jeez

This is great

1 Like

Now that’s a very interesting prospect

If I get too ratted later and start chatting about buying a biphase ii can people talk me down from it and remind me the vcs might come out in January (very lightly rumoured nothing solid). Ta

Might fall asleep before it gets to than but, just in case.

I have a biphase II and I cannot recommend that you don’t buy one

That isn’t not what you wanted to hear right?

I was lucky I fell asleep before it go to it the soundgas page was open.

I think they’re cheaper if you buy direct from Mu-Tron - that’s what I did anyway

If they re-issued the black edition

Or a remodelled vintage edition like they’ve done with the Octavider

Then I would buy another

1 Like

Need to check it out but, I’m almost certain after import and everything it might workout about the same. Anyway I’m not getting drawn into this, just going to keep saying vcs 3 times.

1 Like

that vintage edition thing looks so fucking cool, i have no idea what it does but i want one

It makes you sound like Jack White, are you sure?

(It’s an octave-down pitch shifter/divider)

oh never mind :grinning: it might sound cool plugged into a weird little noise synth tho?

1 Like

What doesn’t frankly?

1 Like

Mixing desk/recording wankers, what does your signal/recording chain look like?

I’ve currently got a 12 channel desk; it has a stereo subgroup that I run into my audio interface for recording, and the output of the audio interface goes into channels 11/12 on the desk, leaving channels 1-10 free for mixing. Anything I want to record gets sent to the stereo subgroup, everything else goes to the mix out.

This works fine, most of the time, but means I can only practically record one thing at a time, so if I’ve got a good jam going on a couple of sequencers and drum machine, I either have to record it one instrument at a time, or record the whole lot onto a single channel. Which is a pain.

So, I look at those fancy 18-channel audio interfaces and I think “Well, that looks like a way to solve the problem” - but, how?

Do you run everything into the audio interface first, and then run the outputs into the mixer? Does this work if the attached PC is turned off? Does it affect latency? Or is there some way I’m not thinking of to set this up?

Thing is, I definitely want (already have) a mixer in the workflow. I’ve got a bunch of gear with built-in sequencers, external effects, etc and I want to be able to jam with that as well as record, and I can’t figure out how to do that unless I’m recording a everything as a two-channel mix, or if I need to have everything go through the PC first.

Zero-latency monitoring via an audio interface sounds like the way to go tbh but patching stuff sounds a pain so yeah would probably need a patch bay. Feels like this gets spendy quite fast.

1 Like

Discovered a reel to reel tape recorder from the early 60s in my attic. It’s the size of a house but going to start recording on it.

11 Likes