Gear Wanker thread Mk II

Maybe just have 1 guitar with one pickup then?

1 Like

On its way

cheapskate

git this one

1 Like

Right. Ignore sloppy playing, noise (although actually kind of relevant, I just didn’t move away from interference to minimise it), the fact that guitar 2 is tuned a half step higher than guitar 1 etc

• first one is better
  • second one is better

0 voters

• first one is better
  • second one is better

0 voters

Best overall

• guitar 1 comp 1
  • guitar 1 comp 2
  • guitar 2 comp 1
  • guitar 2 comp 2

0 voters

• mate

0 voters

Yeah it’s not doing it for me. If anyone wants a mint boxed Walrus Deep Six V3 for £150 shipped then message me, otherwise it’s going back from whence it came (eBay or Reverb).

easiest solution for Dr Epimer?

• switch to a better instrument, like the trumpet or the flute
  • switch to a cheaper hobby like collecting super yachts
  • buy even more pedals

0 voters

made this poll and can’t even decide what to click, what kinda idiot am I

learn flute and come and play with us in dawnwalker imo

I’ve got 3rd grade violin, can I play the flute parts on that?

1 Like

funnily enough that’s kind of exactly what we’re doing, though i’ve just realised they’re american and third grade means something completely different :thinking:

1 Like

Actually between my violin and my Mel9 set to the Strawberry Fields Forever flute sound, I’ve got all your woodland instrument bases covered.

£350

1 Like

kind of amazing i haven’t bought one of these tbh

i wonder if this actually could work :thinking: instead of a synth player. just a guitarist whose job it is to only have mad fx on the whole time :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

It’s a guitar synth pedal really, in a way the only difference between that and a preset-only synth is the input method. In theory.

parallel paths of effects are the future, just need something the removes all the attack like a pog2 or a mel9, then loads of delay and reverb, and it sounds like a different layer of instrumentation entirely

well yeah course but synth players are hard to find and guitarists are fuckin’ everywhere! why did i never think of this

Also

1 Like

ahem i believe he prefers ‘musical director’

1 Like

needs a different source/tone imo, otherwise will too easily turn to mud

1 Like

think the pog2/mel9 can transform the source tone enough that it sounds like its own thing