It increases the break angle

2 Likes

solution: buy a Tele

2 Likes

No tremolo tho

1 Like

?

1 Like

i mean ā€¦ that basically answers the question imho but thatā€™s just me :smiley:

think the Tele design has a purity of simplicity that a JM/Jag (and most other models tbh) just canā€™t match, and thatā€™s its enduring strength. Trying to chase that with all the Jag weirdness as well is a route to madness (personally speaking)

1 Like

hi guys, would I be able to change pickups in a guitar myself?

just for clarity, I am useless at almost everything and have no tools.

You need to have/ be able to use a soldering iron

(Iā€™ve been meaning to have a go for years, but also CBA )

1 Like

Watch some vids. Itā€™s easy, but there are some basics youā€™ll need to know. Also not all pickups are a straight switch.

Edit, as Tim says, youā€™ll need to solder. Soldering is easy, but itā€™s worth practicing first to get the knack of it, as the temperature of the iron and flow of the solder can be tricky.

cheers, anything involving any equipment makes it out of the question, will take it to someone if I decide to go through with it

Does anyone know if these are still available anywhere, or do you have to go direct to Hologram to buy one?

I quite fancy one!

Come up rarely on reverb at a reasonable price for the UK and asw snapped up quick. They were being sold by shops in the Uk but Microcosm pulled the plug for some reason. I worked it out as about Ā£550 all in direct from Microcosm so anything less than that in the UK might be worth it

Iā€™ve got the Orange Boost overdrive from them and itā€™s dreadful, so maybe thereā€™s some variation in the range

Overdrive wise I use this, itā€™s a fucking diamond, had it for easily 15 years now and itā€™s incredible

1 Like

Iā€™m not really one for phasers but I got the phaser from that range for about Ā£40 and it does anything youā€™d ever want from a phaser, true bypassā€¦ umā€¦ Makes a gap on your pedalboard when you remember to never use a phaser, makes some actually useable really phases when you decide you might have been hasty to give up on music, etc etc etc.

2 Likes

Yeah the Hardwire stuff across the boardā€™s well regarded, never see them around usually though.

3 Likes

Pretty sure Digitech purposefully discontinue stuff as part of their brand to make it more sought after.

2 Likes

In 20 years time it might be revered like the XP300

1 Like

Their reverb, the RV-7, is an incredible pedal for the money.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

Always been curious about J Mascisā€™ pedal order. He has an old Big Muff at the start, turned up to the fucking last thatā€™s always on, then he has other distortions in the chain after it that tame his sound when theyā€™re on.

Going to try it with something with loads of gain like the Boss Mega Distortion and then tame that with the Super Feedbacker or Digital Metaliser after it. Feel like itā€™ll give me the absolutely ridiculously out of control lead guitar sound I want.

This post paid for by PROF$.

1 Like

As a Muff maniac, I think you always need to put it early in a signal chain if youā€™re going to stack fuzz/distortion, because if you donā€™t it just makes everything that comes out of it sound like a Muff no matter what you do

1 Like