Gear Wanker thread Mk II

gonna go into the store tomorrow and hammer out a deal :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fancy picking up another one for me while youā€™re there? :wink:

sure - paypal me the cash and Iā€™ll grab you one :wink:

Right wankers, itā€™s time to buy a new amp. Sold all my gear last year due to financial difficulties and I can probably justify an amp again now.

Iā€™m extremely out of the loop, so whatā€™s good these days? Iā€™m all about Fender reverb. I used to have vintage Fenders, are the reissues any good or should I find an old one again? Any modern manufacturers doing the Fender thing better?

Bought one of these. Unsure so far. Itā€™s oddly good at lower gain settings but I think it compresses quite a bit at higher gain settings. I like using Muffs cranked and prefer them to sound nuts, so Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a keeper.

Whatā€™s your budget, chief?

Ā£1500 absolute max

Get a Fender Princeton

Pretty incredible. Looks like one of those classic light-up disco dance floors.

1 Like

What context will you be using it in and how important is gain?

In more positive new pedalā€¦ news, my BeatBuddy Mini (I have just realised how much this sounds like a masturbation aid for small-penised men) arrived and itā€™s a cool little practice tool. Itā€™s a drum machine in pedal format with a bunch of presets, and you can tap the footswitch once for a one bar drum fill or hold it for a ā€œchorusā€ pattern in the same time signature and tempo.

I mean itā€™s basically a fancy metronome but as I never play with a drummer any more my rhythm is extremely sloppy, and banging out RATM riffs over the hip hop settings should whip me into shape.

While Iā€™m here, any recommendations for a uni-vibe type pedal? I was eyeing up the Digitech one but I donā€™t know much about them.

Yes, I do just want it to play the bass bit in Sonic Titan by Sleep, thank you for asking.

Thereā€™s one on eBay for Ā£30, so I think youā€™ve just cost me Ā£30.

2 Likes

Home use only and I donā€™t care about gain.

Yeah this is the one I keep coming back toā€¦

I had a Fulltone DejaVibe yonks ago and remember that being pretty good.

1 Like

Got a lend of this from my local library. Great fun. Having the drum pads at the bottom is very handy. Printing out the manual in work so I can figure out how it all works.

1 Like

Going to watch that video at lunch!

Yeah, Iā€™ve played PS-10s a few times, a few of my mates have them. I really like them as keyboards, really simple.

One of my friends has one of these, the VSS-30. Itā€™s a really primitive sampler that you can speak/sing into! Have had a lot of fun with it over the years.

1 Like

I remember playing on one of those in the music shop during school lunchtimes!

think I might start using this video as a way to ward off stress and anxiety - something so nice about watching someone really competent doing their thing

1 Like