Gear Wanker thread Mk II

No worries - you don’t owe me your time :smile:.

Sounds cool - it seems my synth knowledge is still full of gaps though

1 Like

really like the Make Noise stuff

very tempted to get an 0-coast - don’t think I’ve heard a better bass sound, plus it can do all kinds of weird stuff

friend of mine has a very big, expensive modular rig & the 0-coast just really makes it properly bang

Yeah they are great aren’t they… I’ve got maths and their low pass gate, both brilliant. They seem to have a really good approach that’s different to other makers, and are good quality.

Not had a chance to play with an o coast but seems like a great way to get people hooked as entry to modular is both expensive and daunting. Plus it keeps it a bit west coast, although I’m sure you could just as easily hook it up to a keyboard.

The Q-pass thing they just released seems very interesting

1 Like

well HELLO

2 Likes

I was literally just posting this

Strangely relieved its more than twice the price of old grandma

1 Like

It does that cool thing that the mono/poly does of being able to cycle through the oscillators so you can get 4 tone monophonic sequences, nice!

4-osc paraphonic, built i stereo analogue delay (instead of the reverb tank on the GM), 90 patch points (as opposed 41 on the GM) more LFO possibilities, 256 step sequencer, 4 octave keyboard

1 Like

I think I’ve said this every time a new Moog has been announced over the past couple of years, but 'Hhhhhnnnnnggggggghhhh!" :heart_eyes:

Think I’m gonna buy my first hardware synth later in the year and finally learn to program a little.

$2K :grimacing:

I can’t recommend the Grandmother enough as a “1st synth” - its a fantastic design

1 Like

Was given a bass very similar to this over the weekend, except in red with a white pickguard.

Going to donate my Squier Jazz Bass to our library and hold on to this bass instead. Much prefer the P Bass pickup and I figure it could be a good instrument to learn how to upgrade electronics on. The neck is quite narrow but the fit and finish are very good for a mid-00s Squier.

1 Like

yeah other than the block inlay looks like mine. (sure itll play great though)

1 Like

How much am I going to have to spend on a (guitar) amp that does a reasonable imitation of a Fender clean tone and that’s a good platform for effects? I’m not in love with the wee Yamaha thinger I got.

That Oxblood Colour is so nice. He sticks a mastery bridge on his. The double neck he plays is really nice as well.

1 Like

Eight million Euro.

No fucking idea. I use a Roland Cube I got for €25 and an Epiphone Triggerman I inherited from our old guitarist. Haven’t a clue what amps cost these days.

Alright, Thomann.

1 Like

how loud/ quiet are you looking for?

Blues Junior does me fine, pretty easy to get 2nd hand as it’s (I think) the best selling valve amp in the world

Not exactly awe inspiring by itself but works just fine with pedals to my ears. I think it might lack headroom as a pedal platform at big volumes, in which case you would want something like a Hot Rod Deluxe, but my old Blues Deluxe was too loud for home use really

1 Like

The Boss Katana is meant to be good.

Something that isn’t going to piss off the neighbours ideally, I’m not going to be taking my busker chords out gigging any time soon.

Ta, I’ll look into those.

I’m not going to be pilloried for my country’s membership of the European Monetary Union!

1 Like