Gear Wanker thread Mk II

I’ve heard good things about the Pro Junior as well - super simple amp but if it’s good enough for the guy from Low it’s good enough I would guess

I know this is basically impossible to quantify but seeing as it doesn’t have a headphone out, am I going to get the most out of this at low volumes? Bit wary of having to push it a bit as its a valve amp.

Just arranged the purchase of a Roland TR-505. Sounds are meant to be quite sterile on it but I need something tactile as opposed to drum machine software.

Yeah this^

The factory sounds will sound like a drum machine, but put them through effect pedals etc and you’re golden.

Does it have separate outs for each track?

1 Like

TR-505 is very basic and limited but it might be OK for what you’re after - dunno. Doesn’t have individual outs either is you want to route it through fx

a much better bet if you see one is the Roland R8 - pretty underrated and fairly cheap on the 2nd hand market

1 Like

Basic is all I need and I’m getting it for cheap so I’m not too worried. @ttf I’ll definitely be putting it through pedals.

Will keep an eye out for the R8 for the future. Interested in it now.

2 Likes

Any kind of of good pre amp changes them a bit, some reverb etc :ok_hand:

1 Like

Just bought this…it’s great so far!

4 Likes

I’ve been out of the pedal game a few years now… what is it? What does it do?

I bought a mint, boxed Akai MPK 49 this week, just so I’d have something to demo ideas on at home as I don’t have much studio time at the minute

It’s lots of fun - could probably do a whole live set with it to be honest

1 Like

Its a reverb delay that can do forward or reverse with a momentary switch to flip the direction. Apparently this paintwork is a limited run of 25

1 Like

whats the max delay time? is it BBD, PT2399?

Website says it’s analogue, but that seems unrealistic.

1 Like

Oooh…

https://novationmusic.com/synths/summit

@ttf

2 Likes

First impressions are that I can’t use the hot channel because it’s too loud! And also it smells funny if you crank the gain. Might need to break in those valves.

It did come with a manual, I’ll need to look at that, ta!

1 Like

Any recommendations for compressor pedals for guitar?

Has anyone had any experience with the Electro Harmonix Cathedral? Been eyeballing some second hand units for my ambient nonsense. Any good?

I’ve just gpt a cheap blue donner one. It works, i think. Seem to remember seeing a diy one with loads of options i want to build. Can’t remember where though.

The cali76 by origin effects is meant to be really good. Don’t keeley do a cheap one just had a quick look and compressors seem to be quite pricey at the moment.