Gear Wanker thread Mk II

two points of note

1. selling my baritone to buy another, almost identical les paul to the one i already have for some reason

2. thinking of buying/subscribing to the slate digital suite of plugins basically for the mastering suite. anyone use em?

On point 2, Iā€™ve heard good things but donā€™t use them myself because Iā€™m a UAD wanker. Which is all top notch but painfully pricey.

What baritone and how much for? Always wanted one.

PRS SE 277. Reckon iā€™ll get about 500-550 for it but open to offers!

Ah well Iā€™ve just had to buy my daughter a new laptop and Iā€™m on strict ā€˜no more music stuff to clutter up the house with, yes that includes those little boxes that make your guitar sound weird, how many of those do you need anywayā€™ orders at the moment.

Do PRS guitars cost less these days? I seem to recall in about 2000 they were like a Ā£3000 guitar. Or maybe thatā€™s just a particular type. Love those birds as fretboard inlays though.

you can still get ones that are $$$$s but they have a few more affordable models too :slight_smile:
lovely guitars.

1 Like

PRS chat: they recently lost their attempt at trade marking their headstock shape, due to lacking distinctive character. Thought that was quite harsh as when I saw the story on an IP blog as ā€œguitar company losesā€¦ā€ with a picture of the registration I immediately thought ā€œoh, thatā€™s the PRS headstock shapeā€.

1 Like

Are there any other guitars that have a similar looking headstock?

Also am I right in that the only thing that guitar makers (fender & gibson) could trademark back in the day was the headstock after fender got rejected when attempting to trademark the strat body?

Dunno, itā€™s not something I know much about, this one just popped up recently.

1 Like

Thatā€™s funny because Fender purchased bigsby earlier this year

1 Like
  • I like reliced instruments
  • I think reliced instruments are a bit embarrassing
  • How can you re-lice an instroh I see

0 voters

what is a what now?

i thought iā€™d found my next guitar but then realised it was the bloke from triviumā€™s signature model :sob:

When a new instrument is intentionally damaged to make it look like an old beat up instrument.

christ

1 Like

Iā€™m still not entirely sure who Daryl Jones is but his signature instrument is still the best bass Iā€™ve ever played.

Please donā€™t educate me, Iā€™d rather not know.

nae clue but i did use the guy from staindā€™s signature model on some recordings once :man_facepalming:

I guess Itā€™s Been Awhile since then.

2 Likes

how about the guitar in this video?