Gear Wanker thread Mk II

Oh do they come up often as resale? I get too impatient waiting for things to come round really

Also - learn to play

Yeah, I think they pop up on reverb pretty regularly

Still pricier than a lot of pedals even second hand, but I don’t think anyone else is quite doing what they’re doing in providing so many options. Especially in such a small form factor and with midi (although you need a special box to use midi capabilities).

Yeah they do look ace! I think the mood is the one for me to start with, love the idea of twiddling about with it just making some sweet textures

It does look incredible

PDF? Tune your bass to AD(o)BE?

Sounds like a love-in. D’AAAWWWWWWW.

(Worryingly this is the sort of thing where I’d maybe enjoy the planning and setting up more than the intimidating blank canvas I have to actually do stuff on after.)

jesus christ

3 Likes

Strange how your phone autocorrected “POTW @joke” to that.

1 Like

I spent a while researching ways to solve this with attenuators or volume pedals (or EQ pedals with a cut, or a compressor with a cut) at the end of the signal chain and was about to conclude that it was far too much hassle for one pedal and I should probably sell the thing.

Then it occurred to me that it doesn’t matter if it’s at unity volume with everything else because I’m just fannying around in my bedroom anyway so I can just turn my amp master volume right down when I’m using it.

I am very intelligent.

Is it designed as an “always on” kind of pedal?

I’m not sure I fully understand what it is. Is it a boost/ drive?

No, not really. Unless you want to sound like Josh Homme on Rated R all of the time.

Sort of. It’s a sweepable mid-range boost/cut in either clean or dirty mode, where you can adjust the boost/cut frequency, level and width. Dirty mode is a pretty crunchy drive with loads and loads of sounds from fiddling the midrange stuff. It can do the Josh Homme thing and cocked wah things, and with the expression pedal it can be a pseudo-wah, phaser or sort of univibe. It’s really weird.

1 Like

Oooo cool

£399 sounds pretty good. It will be interesting to see what the other clones come in at.

1 Like

Has anyone bought stuff on credit before? Andertons offer 0% on orders over £300, which is only two pedals. Means that I’m paying new rather than used prices (which I never do) but means I actually get things now rather than waiting around for them to appear cheap, which can take forever especially with uncommon things …

£30 or so a month to get an analogue delay and a cool reverb or OD is veryyy tempting

Yep, if it’s 0% and you can afford the monthly payments then no reason not to innit.

That’s not what my trigger finger needed to hear!

So my friend justified my decision so wooo pedals.

Currently have fuzz, trem, vibrato, OD. With my two pedals do I go for:

• Analogue delay
  • Reverb
  • Better trem (don’t like mine)
  • Better OD (mine is meh)
  • Very cool, unique distortion

0 voters

(Results may be ignored at any time but it passes the time)

There should be 3 option cause I wanted to vote for delay as well.

1 Like

I’m trying to resist adding more and more pedals to the basket haha, I can hit £300 wth just 2 no poblem

I suggest a dispatch master (delay & reverb) and minifooger tremolo.