Anyone got any #bigonions about the Earthquaker Hoof Reaper?
You should buy it
Don’t think I want this, hactually.
Might buy a Stone Deaf PDF 2 (+ expression pedal) and either a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret or a JHS Charlie Brown on payday.
Basically I want all of the drive pedals, please.
Thoughts on ditto x 4 ?
Might get one
Anyone know any decent pedal repair type places? Finally got an amp again and I want to get a couple of broken pedals fixed.
I’ve got one and I probably could have gotten away with a much simpler looper.
The boutique lot (EQD in particular) are usually pretty good at sorting them out for you if it’s one of theirs.
Hmm. It’s a Maxon AD999 and a Paul Cochrane Timmy. I know Paul Cochrane will fix the Timmy but I CBA to post it overseas for the sake of what’s probably a broken switch.
Is it alright tho? They seem quite cheap at the moment
CBA is why I’ve currently got two broken EQD pedals (clean boost and Dispatch Master) knocking around.
Any day now.
Yeah it’s fine. I think there’s something about how the global FX are applied that annoys me but it’s been a while since I used it and I can’t remember now. Also won’t run off a piddly power supply but that’s to be expected really.
DLS is a marshall plexi type thing?
I have this one
it’s really good, sounds great with a treble booster on too.
Yeah but it’s got an internal switch to make it sound like a Super Lead too so it does quite a lot.
Bought one of these, love it for bass distortion. Replaces our bassist’s rat which i absolutely hate (on bass)
An all-time classic, bettered only by the Robert Keeley modded version.
Obv youtube aint the best way to judge but the finer points were a bit lost on me.
Similarly also bought one of these for the black metal band. Hm2s are expensive and i didnt wanna spend loads to sound awful so this’ll do:
It is terrible
i’ve got one,
- Midi sync, weird how this isn’t more prevalent in loop pedals, syncing with drum machines or DAWs is very usefu
- Serial and Sync modes, serial mode means you can build up separate parts, say verse and chorus in real time
- There is a knob for loop fade, so it works like a super long delay pedal with the loop fading on each replay, so you can constantly be overdubbing with earlier layers fading away so it doesnt get too much
- good choice of effects, other loopers (boss im looking at you) add stuff like phasers and delay which people will have elsewhere, all of these ‘effects’ are playback related, reverse, doublespeed, half speed, stutter, tape slow down stop. might sound gimmicky but they actually work really well for creating different sounds and textures in a loop
- no memory slots, I like to use loop pedals as a sketch pad of ideas. I initially thought I would use the ditto x4 and just save the loops to my computer but the faff is too much of a barrier
- seems to be a forgotten product, they never got the midi implementation up to advertised level, think there is one firmware update years ago that many people say brick their pedal
wish there was a pedal with its features with memory slots, there are so many looper pedals and most of them do too much or too little, X4 is just right except the memory slots. there is the pigtronix infinity looper but it is super expensive
im interested in the ditto x2 jam, syncs based on listening to the beat, if that works would be really good, wouldn’t be surprised if they have a new x4 on the way that uses that
get an HX stomp, models all of these pedals at the component level:
|Minotaur||Mono, Stereo||Klon® Centaur|
|Compulsive Drive||Mono, Stereo||Fulltone® OCD|
|Valve Driver||Mono, Stereo||Chandler Tube Driver|
|Top Secret OD||Mono, Stereo||DOD® OD-250|
|Scream 808||Mono, Stereo||Ibanez® TS808 Tube Screamer®|
|Hedgehog D9||Mono, Stereo||MAXON® SD9 Sonic Distortion|
|Vermin Dist||Mono, Stereo||Pro Co RAT|
|Arbitrator Fuzz||Mono, Stereo||Arbiter® Fuzz Face®|
|Triangle Fuzz||Mono, Stereo||Electro-Harmonix® Big Muff Pi®|
|Industrial Fuzz||Mono, Stereo||Z.Vex Fuzz Factory|
|Tycoctavia Fuzz||Mono, Stereo||Tycobrahe® Octavia|
|Added with firmware 1.06|
|Teemah!||Mono, Stereo||Paul Cochrane Timmy® Overdrive|
|KWB||Mono, Stereo||Benadrian Kowloon Walled Bunny Distortion|
|Bitcrusher||Mono, Stereo||Line 6 Original|
|Added with firmware 2.0|
|Wringer Fuzz||Mono, Stereo||Garbage’s special BOSS® FZ-2|
|Added with firmware 2.10|
|Stupor OD||Mono, Stereo||BOSS® SD-1 Overdrive|
|Added with firmware 2.20|
|Obsidian 7000||Mono, Stereo||Darkglass Electronics® Microtubes B7K Ultra bass preamp/overdrive/EQ|
|Clawthorn Drive||Mono, Stereo||Wounded Paw Battering Ram bass overdrive|
|Added with firmware 2.30|
|Kinky Boost||Mono, Stereo||Xotic® EP Booster|
|Thrifter Fuzz||Mono, Stereo||Line 6 Original|
|Added with firmware 2.60|
|Deranged Master||Mono, Stereo||Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster|
|Deez One Vintage||Mono, Stereo||BOSS© DS-1 distortion pedal (classic Made-in-Japan version)|
|Deez One Mod||Mono, Stereo||BOSS© DS-1 distortion pedal (Keeley mod version)|