GEEK or NERD?

A little study over on Twitter today https://twitter.com/DrownedinSound/status/1310877939584700416

Love it when people say they’re such a nerd and they mean they like blockbuster films and prime time sitcoms

19 Likes

Aren’t those two definitions the same

4 Likes

That’s what I thought. Maybe means we are too badass to be nerds or geeks.

6 Likes

lol I am SUCH a nerd, I love Avengers and listening to BTS (dowt uve heard of them lol) and I buy all my stuff at forbidden planet it’s a tiny store no1 nose it

5 Likes

Sean comes on tries to get a bit of extra engagement to a tweet and this happens

2 Likes

Same thing in some ways but geeky things are like, sci-fi, fantasy, comics, cult tv, some video games. Nerdy things are like being well into maths, trains, computers.

3 Likes
  • Dork
  • Geek
  • Nerd
  • Spod

0 voters

I used to work with a guy who would post topless selfies in the gym on his facebook with the hashtag ‘GEEK’ :face_with_raised_eyebrow: OK hun.

9 Likes

(i hope none of those are problematic in 2020)

Gaining
Every
Extra
Kilogram

:muscle:

21 Likes

There’s a slight difference, only true nerds will notice it :wink:

5 Likes

True coffee geek (owns more than 1 bag of coffee)

anyone seen Big Bang Theory!? BAZINGA! :nerd_face:

9 Likes

lol its like they got real humans to act out rick n morty! szcehuan sauce lol im rickle pick {◕ ◡ ◕} u prob wont get it

1 Like

Things that are actually too geeky for me: engineering geeks who like going to bridges and that, talking about the physics of suspension, fuck the fuck off.

1 Like

SPALDING: Bazunglers!

(audience laughter)

LENMORE: What is it, Spalding. Have you seen something

SPALDING: Just this absolute GOOBER on the internet saying that humans evolved from apes

LENMORE: Ha ha ha god in his wisdom would never do such a thing

8 Likes

You’ve got to feel for the geeks really. Having their subculture co opted by the main stream has forced them to the fringes. They’re all incels, furries or into patents now

22 Likes

What a suspension of disbelief! :bridge_at_night:

2 Likes

the rasslin’s got its fair share of basement dwellers