General Chain Restaurant Chat

Boring chain heads

chain smoker but for shops

2 Likes

People who bang on about Krispy Kreme doughnuts as though they don’t just taste like doughnuts from any bakery. And say stuff like “Apparently there’s a Taco Bell opening soon.”

2 Likes

Norman Normal

There’s always a Norman int there no matter where y’are there’s always a Norman.

Norman churches they were good wunt they, lovely architecture around the doorway.

1 Like

I’m one of these people

you say that but admit it, you’re always super jealous when you see it

1 Like

American haha lol

2 Likes

remember the greggs vegan sausage roll frenzy

4 Likes

Oh cool I can be the first to say this thread is classist!
:1st_place_medal:

6 Likes

Reckon ‘unpretentious’

1 Like

wanted to buy one when I was in london actually but it’s hard to find a greggs among all the pret a mangers

1 Like

We charged round every Gregg’s in Manchester getting irate about not finding them, then later reflected that paying a pound each for a Quorn sausage in some shit batter would bring us little joy and we’ve been done by Piers Morgan advertising

The big chains are all fine

19 Likes

In my experience Greggs has been almost completely usurped by Wenzels in north west London.

This is a really bad example. The three weeks of frying them in fat and sugar (or whatever it is they do to them) definitely makes them taste very different to any supermarket/bakery doughnut. Not necessarily better, but it’s a completely different taste.

15 Likes

Fiat 500 Twitter

5 Likes

yeah krispy kreme doughnuts are worse than normal bakery doughnuts 100% of the time

2 Likes

In the early days of Krispy Kreme I drove from Guildford to Heathrow airport to get some

2 Likes

I still live with my ‘if you see a Krispy Kreme outlet, you HAVE to buy one, cos you never know when you’ll next see one’ rule.

It’s a good rule.

1 Like