General purpose Friday thread

Good morning folks,

It’s quite a quiet day for me today. Not many meetings in the diary, and my boss is off for the day too. Does that even make a difference if you’re WFH though?

Anyway, I think we’ve got a flour pot bakery order again this week, so doughnuts later this afternoon. Yum!

Gardener came and put the fence up yesterday. Today he lays the lawn!

1 Like

Oh I’m also picking up a presentation because someone’s ill and I know very little about the topic and it lasts for an hour and it’s at 10am thoughts and prayers

1 Like

Remember, you have to say “sorry, these aren’t my slides” at least once every ten minutes. It’s the law.

11 Likes

I’ve removed a slide about the presenter’s 5 children. I’d have very little to say about them and it would look really weird.

11 Likes

I’m going to be on telly today!!! 2.10pm, Channel 4, the awkward looking blonde one.

Tonbridge’s manager retweeted my dad tweeting about it, which is awesome :star_struck:

And it’s Hole day in HGATR so I need to type out an essay about how Courtney Love is one of my heroes and biggest aesthetic influences.

Happy Friday motherfuckers!!

18 Likes

It’s Friday :grin:
I’m on the late shift :frowning:
Going to Sainos now :grimacing:

1 Like

Got to give blood tonight, going to be interesting to see how that works in these times.

Want to go outside.
Too scared to go outside.
Sigh :frowning:

Just the two flat tyres and my chain falling off my bike twice on the way to the train station, then. Might have been a good idea to take it for a test ride after three months of it having been sat in my back yard unused :upside_down_face:

*checks watch*

2 Likes

Hello CCB and everyone,

Will I make it to the post office today? I’ve put it off every day for over 6 weeks now.

• You WILL go to the post office today! I believe in you :+1:
  • You’ll faff about for too long then get nervous about going at a busy time and put it off until next week again (Ps. You’re not getting your refunds, you knob)

0 voters

Hope everyone has a good Friday and a happy weekend.

I believe in you

2 Likes

Thank you CCB :blush:

1 Like

Didn’t read the whole thing and do feel a bit bad for calling you a knob.

I think we need a rolling “money you’ve lost because you couldn’t be arsed to get a refund/ cash a cheque /etc” thread. I nearly lost £85 this month because of my lax approach to expenses claims. I’m no @epimer though

5 Likes

It’s okay, I really am a bit of a knob :slightly_smiling_face:

If I don’t get a refund for these clothes I’ll have lost about £80 :upside_down_face:

It’s my daughter’s 12th birthday. Plans:

Pancakes (done)
Homemade pizzas for lunch (with grandparents, in the garden)
Treasure hunt around the village
Sushi delivery
Movies.

Tomorrow we go away in a motorhome. For one night. After the last few months it feels like we’re going on holiday.

A Saturday afternoon spent mucking around on a river with a stand up paddle board, followed by bbbbq and toasting marshmallows over a fire pit. Can’t wait.

Happy Friday!

15 Likes

Guys guys guys

We are not “Working from Home”, we are actually “Living at Work” :thinking:

I think what I’m saying is “I am fucking sick of this”

10 Likes