Generation Sensible

So we’re all millennials for the most part, some of the twenty-somethings are “Generation Xers” and now all the teens are Generation Sensible, have I got that right?

Anyway, let’s go on about how kids adopting a more healthy attitude towards drink/drugs/smoking and less of them getting pregnant is bad or good and speculate about causes if you want.

wait i didn’t know about Generation Sensible.

Is that some kind of cult with Marckee and Theo as their gods?

Is Spirograph popular again?

All busy getting meet in McDonald’s haircuts and cyber bullying each other aren’t they

Pfft, buncha squares if you ask me.

Beer gut and probable early death 4 lyf, yo.

Too right. Generation Boring, more like.

as a teetotaler with an interest in stuff being lo-fi, I’m genuinely appalled that I’m not revered as a generational godfather

I saw a Spirograph recently

Btw, we all already know it’s because they have no money and everything is fucked so let’s just keep this light eh

I think that the causes are multiple:

• general rise in awareness of the health and societal consequences
  • social media and online records that are easily googleable for potential employers
  • Increasing precariousness of employment and living situations, coupled with rising costs
  • desire to be different from their embarrassing parents

Good luck to 'em. Literally every other generation in human history has turned out to be full of dicks, so maybe a new approach is needed.

Hmm… Not entirely happy with this, can you just pick one please?

At the pub yesterday and this guy was taking pictures of the straws. He must have caught me looking with a bemused look, cos he turned around and said “oh it’s because they’re paper straws… My 14 year old son is really into blue planet and penguins and that and likes to know that pubs and places are switching to economic friendly crap”

That was nice imo

Anyone here know how to floss

• Yeah, pro at it
  • Kind of
  • Not at all
  • Pretending not to know what flossing is because I’m desperate for attention

0 voters

How sensible are you?

• Sensible
  • Practical
  • Realistic
  • Responsible
  • Rational
  • Logical
  • Circumspect
  • Pragmatic
  • Prudent
  • Wise
  • Silly
  • Foolish
  • Daft
  • Loopy
  • Eccentric
  • Other (Please Specify)

0 voters

Terrible supermarket cider is still cheap. They just don’t want it enough.

Other ( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

As a non-drinker, I do kind of welcome the vision of an alternative to social life being based around alcohol. If I have any problem with it, it’s the worry that, among many, the alternative would just be sitting around watching Netflix and obsessing over social media or something.

I dunno. Basically I like going out and having fun, but doing so without all that other stuff