Generic TV thread for 2018!

Anyone watched the new Jim Carrey thing on now TV/ sky?

I watched the lot pretty quick. The reviews dismiss it as schmaltzy, and they kind of have a point, but it also seems like the reviewers only watched the 1st few episodes

Not yet but it looks right up my street so I will be doing

2 Likes

Has anybody been watching My Brilliant Friend?

no but I will
soon

me too

Does someone usually run a telly poll?

Happy to run a 2018 one if people are interested.

1 Like

Ok i’m going to watch it now

1 Like

I wasn’t giving it my full attention but it seems good and the at the end some troskyists started cheering the 4th international and throwing knives at a picture of Stalin so I’ll probably keep watching.

I’m also watching pride and prejudice now and it’s goooood.

Someone do a remaster.

Really like This Way Up, the new Aisling Bea and Sharon Horgan thing

1 Like

Yeah I enjoyed this, I found AB’s performance very moving at times

The season ended a bit abruptly though I thought

My mate keeps telling us to watch it. I’ll have to see how it goes.

1 Like

I’ve started watching Transparent on Prime- and true to form I’ve been bingeing like a greedy child and I’m already up to season 3

I just love watching anxious people with complicated personal lives getting angsty on TV it seems

1 Like

Embarrassed at how quickly I’ve watched this, but my god Transparent falls off a cliff in season 4

Yup, the first 3 seasons are enough to get it near my top 20 shows - love the intro theme especially, so sweet and nostalgic. I enjoyed how everyone is a dick most of the time but then a glimmer of humanity and warmth shines through and you just want the best for them. There haven’t been many characters I’ve liked on TV this decade more than the rabbi, the plot with Josh and the trans girl was heartbreaking and was very into the Berlin flashbacks.

The ending for S3 would have been a perfect finale for the whole show don’t you think? Alanis! Throwing things overboard! Cruise ships! 4 had good moments still for sure but overall it’s a mess and a real let down.

Also have you seen how they’re wrapping things up after S4 …? :grimacing:

1 Like

The musical finale? I haven’t watched it yet but it’s all I’ve got left to watch

1 Like

Yeah season 3 ending was great - I was loving the show at that point

Yeah agree with all of this

1 Like

I’m glad you’re able to watch this as it felt like one of those shows that might have been ruined by the accusations that came out afterwards. They’re obviously gross but the whole cast does such good work and I think it was/is really important for the message it puts out, so I’d hate if it was just left as a cultural artefact that people heard of but never went back to engage with again.

Yeah, it’s clearly the work of a big ensemble -would be nuts to cancel the whole show and all their work just cos of one person’s actions

1 Like

Grand Designs last night. Was it heartbreaking or did he get what he deserved? still can’t decide.