Genesis Owusu

also i don’t like the penultimate track. other than that it’s a real treat, lots of energy.

we have different opinions but my opinion of you is that you’re great x

1 Like

You’re pretty neat too x

1 Like

I’d never heard of this guy until 25 hours ago. He’s now my favourite new artist of the year. Why can’t I buy any of his records without importing?

Also his cover of Anarchy in the Uk on YouTube is perfection.

1 Like

Enjoyed that. Looks like he’d put on a cracker of a live performance

3 Likes

Absolutely adore Waitin’ on Ya.

Every time the album comes on, during the opener On The Move! I think “have I misremembered how good this album is?” but then the rest of it is great. Really not that fussed on that opener though.

1 Like

Yeah I’m approaching skip the opener territory now, feel like it really doesn’t represent how the rest of the album is.

AOTY other than that, obviously

1 Like

Yep this is fooking awesome. Good DiSing DiS

2 Likes

Something incredibly endearing about the fact that he posted this to the >implying we can discuss music group on Facebook.

2 Likes

Just got into this album - been much hyped locally

Really enjoying this a lot - up there with best of the year for me

3 Likes

Fantano has interviewed him. OWUSU coin has mooned 30% today.

3 Likes

finally got to this and yes it’s delicious

2 Likes

Great bunch o’ Owusus

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brentford/4818250.stm

New single is pretty great too. Don’t think he’s got the props he deserves this year yet, but I’m sure he’ll be big if he keeps on this trajectory

4 Likes

I was surprised to see it in barely any users’ lists in the “top 5 albums of the year so far” thread. FWIW it’s not in mine either but I do really like it and there were a lot of comments when it was released that it was AOTY-contender-quality. Of course a lot of other albums have been released since then too.

Think it would make my top five, and is probably the most impressive debut I’ve heard all year in a year with several big ones. It’s not a perfect album, but I think it’s one where the quality shines through. A bit like when nostalgia, ultra came out and was one of my favourite albums of the year despite being far from perfect, for instance. Also think he needs to grow beyond his influences a bit and find his own sound, but has a lot of potential.

2 Likes

Tbh if it got rid of about 3 of the last 4 songs it’d be an AOTY contender for me too. That run from tracks 1 - 11 is as good as any album released all year

1 Like

Thought it was pure Prince personally, wouldn’t sound out of place on Sign o’ the Times.

But yeah, only just got to this album and it’s great.

1 Like

Deluxe SWNT - Missing Molars. 5 additional tracks from the recording session

3 Likes

V good album imo

2 Likes