Gentleminions

Apparently this is a thing the kids do now

It’s going to be talked about for the next week. Probably close the thread when Adrian Chiles does his 4 paragraphs on it.

10 Likes

Seems like a fun thing to do as long as you aren’t spoiling the film for the younger kids at whom it’s very firmly aimed.

10 Likes

The idea of being kicked out of a cinema for dressing too formally is just

I Love It Reaction GIF by Magic: The Gathering

11 Likes

I think some were being naughty and moshing at the front and making of a mess. aledgedsly
I don’t think all of them are being naughty though

3 Likes

I hate this

3 Likes

It’s Morbin time, Gru

5 Likes

Feel they aren’t dressing formally enough. I want to see kids in top hat, tails, monocle and a cane absolutely go for it.

1 Like

I saw a tweet about this yesterday and didnt understand it. I still dont ‘get’ it…:thinking: Maybe being in your mid 30s youre not meant to ha!

2 Likes

Shouldn’t be filming a cinema screen while in there, piracy. Lock them up

5 Likes

Gen Z’s happy slapping

1 Like

getting strong ‘m’lady’ vibes from them all

6 Likes

honestly, the fact that “going to the cinema” is now meme fodder makes so much sense. in the world of streaming content, going to a big room with a bunch of strangers to watch a film for the same price as a month’s sub, and not being allowed to talk or eat or go on your phone, makes so much sense.

seriously, i reckon that within 10 years cinemas will be gone.

bloody hope not

13 Likes

starting to think we should just ban streaming

3 Likes

let me clarify;

in addition, i also reckon TV will die as well, subsumed by a streaming service content spiral.

3 Likes

I’ll take this any day over my aunt, a woman in her 50s, owning and wearing a minion outfit in public

She bought my mum a minion balloon which stayed inflated for 3 years and my mum didn’t know what to do with it so put it by her bed. Imagine having a minion watch you sleep for 3 years. (I have Feathers McGraw watching over me but that’s fine because he’s a chad, the minions are all virgins)

22 Likes

Do we know how Minions procreate? Has it become cannon that they all just exist?

Don’t like this

1 Like

You’re mistaking me for someone who has watched a single second of Minion-related content

6 Likes
  • This is unambiguously funny
  • This is quite funny
  • This is not funny
  • I am planning to be a gentleminion
  • I am not planning to be a gentleminion
  • I have already been a gentleminion
  • I enjoy the Minions movies
  • I do not enjoy the Minions movies
  • I have not seen the Minions movies
  • My aunt dresses like an adult Minion and it’s given me deep-seated trauma
  • I am going to do the equivalent of being a gentleminion to see the Barbie movie (2023)

0 voters