George Osborne - New editor of the Evening Standard

How odious

Brings a new meaning to the phrase ‘Tory press’.

1 Like

Isn’t he still an MP? How can he have a full time job and still represent the interests of his constituents?

2 Likes

This is what I believe is called “a genuine WTF moment”.

2 Likes

Makes your skin crawl, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

Last thing we want is privileged incompetent tories running the media…

5 Likes

Like, a man with absolutely no journalistic, let alone editorial, experience just walks into a high-profile, influential job, having fucked the country over completely, and on the back of taking numerous highly-paid advisory roles and directorships.

Just, urgh.

10 Likes

and it is completely, utterly normalised and expected. Like people will largely react by going “eh? that’s weird” and will move on

He’ll have to resign his seat.

I guess that was always the plan though - both he and Cameron saw political power as a stepping stone - a means to and end of building influence and wealth.

Hopefully he has a massive cocaine-induced heart attack on day 1.

1 Like

Beyond a joke. Fucking burn everything down.

6 Likes

Said he’s not going to.

This all remarkably confusing.

WTF. Like Trump and his cronies…they all know they are basically untouchable.

Y’know what I think? I think this is part of Osborne’s scheming to get back at Theresa May for his sacking you know. All part of the plan. We’ll see her taking more of a pasting in the ES I reckon.

There’s two sides to every tory

1 Like

I’m most concerned about what happens to the Puzzles page tbf. They’re already ditched the Kakuro and the Codeword in favour of some word grid and Battleships bullshit so what’s next?

Shit paper gets even worse

Yeah, I mean, you’d have to be pretty awful to read it anyway, but this just confirms it.

1 Like

If I lived in his constituency, I’d regard this as an egregious insult.