Getting into anything new lately?

I’ve been diversifying my various penoid game interests to give me more events I can go to when I can be arsed. It’s been good.

I’m also trying to learn bass stuff from musical styles I don’t normally listen to, for variety. That’s been less good.

hbu?

I was thinking of having a look at the music board.

1 Like

Cooked some pearl barley for the first time yesterday. Does that count?

any slap bass?

You’re a fascinating man, Tone.

Thank you?

1 Like

Wee bit of Hair by Larry Graham/Graham Central Station. Wee bit of The Awakening by Les Claypool/Primus.

I’m fucking shit at it.

Lucia Berlin thanks to the DiS book club
Getting bang into making Thai curries atm too
Also trying to get more into writing but I sort of run scared from it a touch

Got a real bee in my bonnet about trying stand up. don’t know why. I hate public speaking and I’m not remotely funny.

primus is one of those bands that i find it hard to believe that anyone likes

I also have a pretty big hankering for this, told a mate though who told me I don’t tell any jokes. Is that even what stand ups do these days?

Is this a correct use of “bee in my bonnet”?

1 Like

Yes [insert witty heckler put-down]

In fairness, I could see this resulting in a pretty great show, though it might not be that comfortable for anyone.

absolutely not

Suck it dickheads

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/have-a-bee-in-your-bonnet

I quite like a couple of songs but they’re bloody hard work to listen to most of the time, but not in a “this is complex and will eventually be rewarding” way.

They bass stuff is pretty interesting but that’s it. I’d rather just learn that than actually listen to a Primus album.

1 Like

?

pcbe

not really, little bit of gardening
i tried watching game of thrones s03e01 to pick up where i left off but turned it off after about 5 minutes
bluray rentals, i guess

I’m thinking of doing Spanish classes but it’s not the first time I’ve gone to a language class so I don’t know if that counts. Also thinking of trying to join a sort of contemporary orchestra, dunno if they’d even have me.

Been get back into stuff that I used to be into but haven’t been doing recently.