Getting into Bjork

My best friend and I have overlapping music tastes and mutual appreciation for many of the same bands with one big exception: He loves Bjork and what I’ve heard of her music just makes me shrug and think “how artistic, i guess…”.
Anyways, at my friend’s urging I’m giving her another chance to win me over. Where should I start? Make me love her.

Bjerk, more like.

I would recommend Vespertine, one of the greatest albums of the 21st century. If you don’t like that you have no soul.

Vespertine is probs her ‘warmest’ and might be the most accessible (also my fav)
Homogenic if you’re more into the trip hoppy stuff

Debut is full of bops

Probably quicker to get the bjrain rather than the bjoach

I made a playlist a while back.

It’s perfect.

This would be your best bet. Good playlist and you hear a mix of everything she does.

Don’t forget Play Dead - greatest Bond theme that wasn’t:

Wasn’t Bachelorette originally supposed to be a Bond theme too? Or is that an urban myth?

I did not know that.

The Sugarcubes. I like them far more than Björk solo really. Debut is my favourite solo album I guess.

Best Björk

• Debut
  • Vespertine
  • Medulla
  • Volta
  • Biolphilia
  • Vulnicura
  • Utopia

0 voters

Best Björk for Beginners

• Debut
  • Vespertine
  • Medulla
  • Volta
  • Biolphilia
  • Vulnicura
  • Utopia

0 voters

I like Homogenic most but would probably recommend Debut/ Post more if you’re after more immediate stuff (still good though) or Vespertine for a bit more of an interesting listen

Thanks everyone. I think I’ve been converted!

that’s good

I was just gonna say, tho: best Björk tune is this one

Just listen to Homogenic and Post. Verspertine is pretty great too. The rest I can leave.

absolutely her best tune

Best Album:
Homogenic

Best Place to start:
Homogenic

Just Listen to:
Homogenic