Getting into trouble thread

Keep it light please, it’s Monday.

Were you ever suspended or expelled from school?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Have you been given a formal warning at work?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Ever been sacked (for misconduct)?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

no to the first, yes to the second after I was caught giving pints to mates for free.

Changed my vote, I’ve had a bunch of informal warnings but generally managed to walk it back/leave before things got to the formal stage

Arrested?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Charged?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

does being given a written warning count as charged?

I dunno, did it give you a criminal record?

Think huge swathes of my approach to life are based around “avoiding getting into trouble” and I hate it. I’ve not really developed much beyond trying to avoid getting “told off”

8 Likes

think it appeared on checks if I wanted to become a teacher or something for 7 years or something after the incident but other than that no.

:thinking:

2 Likes

I’m counting it, sorry. My hands are tied.

Only been sacked once, but plenty of warnings, all for just not working - which is a fair cop, but I’ve almost always worked for bloated frivolous commercial ventures anyway soooo whatever fuck them tbh

9 Likes

just checked, a caution is not a criminal record, so no

Yeah, I’m hoping for light misconduct like being late all the time or pissing the day away on the internet.

I’m not the thread police though, spill your terrible tales for all I care :slight_smile:

Idk if it counts a gross misconduct but I fell asleep at my first day at a temp job and they told me not to come back (I took sleepy antihistamines by mistake) :sleepy:

5 Likes

Oh no!

I fell asleep at work once, for like 40 minutes, and no one noticed.

4 Likes

Glad I left anyway It was an unethical company selling cheap wheelchairs and crutches to the nhs ate massively inflated prices

1 Like

Once got sacked for handing in my notice. :joy:

29 Likes

Haha.

“I dumped you first!”

6 Likes

Something similar happened to me at sports direct, kind of a YOU CANT FIRE ME CAUSE I QUIT type situation, still not sure if I resigned or got fired

2 Likes