Getting out of bed [Audit]

I have a mate like this, there was a period when he was working from home and he got into a pattern where he’d get up at 6pm and going to bed at 10am.

1 Like

Used to be fucking awful in the morning. After 34 years of life I have finally graduated to being marginally less awful. I get up at 6 with the alarm and then if I’ve made myself some overnight oats I’ll have an hour watching sitcoms before work. If I haven’t I’ll snooze for an hour on the sofa instead.

On work mornings I could sleep endlessly it feels, but on the weekend I am totally awake by 7. Never understood this.

Alcohol makes you sleep

• Better
  • Worse
  • Neither

0 voters

Can nod off slightly easier after a few drinks, but will have a shitty sleep

1 Like

Before I moved in with my TV, I used to have an app on my computer that allows you to play an mp3 as an alarm and you had to answer 3 simple maths questions to turn it off, I always used this

The only thing that got me up without fail. These iphone alarms I set now are far too gentle for my impenetrable sleep

Even when I do wake up, I’m one of those people that takes a while to get fully awake, on Monday I think it was actually noon before I would have said I was fully awake. Meanwhile my wife gets up before me and is always of the most sunny disposition as soon as she’s out of bed. There’ve been plenty of clashes over this through the years

I think @colossalhorse recommended me a thing years back where you had to scan a barcode to turn the alarm off. Worked for a bit til I realised you could just turn the phone off instead.

Gets me to sleep easier obviously but far harder to wake up and fuzzy for the rest of the day.

Ah yeah, Sleep as Android. I still use that. You can still turn your phone off (there’s nothing they can do to stop that, sadly) but when you turn it back on the alarm will still be going. I forgot to turn my phone back on till I got to work once and couldn’t get rid of the alarm without the QR code and had to switch it off for the day. I’ve behaved since.

1 Like

Used to be pretty good. 5:45am, jump right out of bed, but been off for a month. Still set my alarm for a reasonable hour to have a bit of structure and that, but tend to lie in for at least three hours.

My issue is that either the heaters are on and it’s too snug, or they’re not and it’s ice cold. I’ve been experimenting, half a degree a day, and 18.5° definitely gives the optimum chance of me stepping outside the duvet.

1 Like

Have to get up when the alarm goes off or I’ll give up for the day.

I set three alarms on weekdays- 7am, 7:15am and 7:30am. I usually get up on the 7:30am one which causes some issues as my snooze period is 8 mins. Basically means I end up having half an hour in this delirious, half-sleep, half-dream iPhone alarm world. Had some great times there man, great times.

2 Likes

Alarm goes off at 6:40AM, turn it off and get up instantly.
Packed bag night before so I just need to shower, dress and leave.
Out the door by 7:05AM to cycle to the train station in time to catch the train to work.
Tried 6:45 but would have missed the train if it’d have been delayed, also tried 6:35 but had hanging around time which could have been spent sleeping.
Works for me :+1:

Pretty sure that the most efficient way to explain my getting out of bed behaviour would involve a flow chart.

8 Likes

I for one would like to see it!

2 Likes

I get woken up by my alarm at 6.30am every morning of the week and get up within a couple of minutes. I can’t wake up naturally that early monday to friday.

I wake up naturally at 6.30am on Saturdays, obviously.

1 Like

So glad nobody’s pretended they get up at anything other that a rounded time here. Used to be quite a few absolute bras on here who’d claim they got up at 7:03am or left the house at 8:27am, etc. Of all the lying on here i always found that second to only people pretending they don’t have sugar in tea.

I use a two alarm system

1. 6.30am, Radio 4 (GRRRR!), rollover and try not to listen. Try to convince myself to get up.

2. 7.15am, phone alarm from the other side of the room. Have to get up at this point or I will be late.

Jesus, old DiS is hard to search. Please just imagine that I posted a bunch of those ‘I don’t get up until 9’ pics below and I’ll soak up the likes…

You’re banned, mate.