Getting up in the morning!!!

Keep a rooster in your bedroom

7 Likes

Aye same, up at 7 and out the door by 7:15 weekday mornings. I do look like shit though.

The terrorists have won

doing the 3 S’s in 15 minutes is impressive my man!

1 Like

got one of them SAD lamps recently, pretty good actually

2 Likes

This is the best so far
:+1::+1::+1::+1:

I actually have one of those somewhere
Will dig it out!
:+1:

1 Like

Sandwich
Socks
Sudoku

4 Likes

Slay
the
Shit
Spire

1 Like

Get a :cat2: or a :dog2:

I get 7-8hrs sleep every night, and I’m up at half six usually :man_shrugging:

1 Like

A really loud alarm somewhere far enough away from the bed so you have to get up. Also not thinking about how knackered you are until you are in the shower.

I think my attitude probably stems from the belief that if I did anything “nice” like watch TV or chill out at home before I had to leave for work I’d probably never leave or just phone in sick

If I just get up and out with as little thought as possible I’m more likely to actually go…

2 Likes

Yeah this. The earlier I get to work the earlier I can leave.

1 Like

For me it’s a bit of an anxiety management tool as much as anything, and means I don’t stay up too late the night before thinking “but if I go to sleep now the next thing I have to do is go to work”.

Plus the pooing thing.

4 Likes

Yeah fair point

As someone who lives a fifteen minutes walk from his office I am frequently late

1 Like

Do you just hold it over your face for 10 minutes before leaving the house or how does it work?

you set your alarm and it turns the light on low about half an hour beforehand, the. gets slightly brighter until alarm time

1 Like

I’m fucking awful at getting up in the morning. Have been since I hit adolescence. I’ve recently started some different hours at work though and I’ve been getting out of bed earlier and on time so far (2 weeks in).

I’ve mentioned it several times on here but I recommend the Sleep as Android alarm app: I have it set so I can’t switch it off without scanning a QR code which I’ve stuck to the bathroom door. Once scanned I just throw myself into the shower before the urge to head back to bed becomes too powerful, then I’m set. You can now set it so you can’t kill the app or restart your phone without the alarm restarting, which is good as for reasons I will never understand I will do almost anything for another 15 minutes of rubbish sleep that makes me feel worse.

Oooohhhh
That sounds good!
Will check that out!
:+1::+1::+1::+1: