Getting your head round the passage of time

I hate it when I’m right sometimes (I was actually thinking the other day about how a lot of the sonics of nu-metal are actually quite cool, and that it’s a shame it’s tied to some of the most disgustingly misogynistic horrorshows, so I might actually be down with the sickness this.)

Nu-metal is still remembered as too uncool to come back in the way it was in the mainstream originally

I reckon it’ll come back after a decent metal band make it big who use rappers. Possibly a more funk/rap/hip-hop project in the vein of Rage Against the Machine so something political rather than the bullshit side of nu-metal. But that good band will then open the flood gates for a load of shit.

1 Like

One of my mates turned 38 recently (definitely not me, who’s 27), and I realised that him being born was as close to WW2 as it is to today.

Weirded me out a bit as he’s very youthful and handsome and youthful.

3 Likes

AGH!!! My erm mate is fucking freaking his nut about this now!

1 Like

I am 38 and I do not like this

2 Likes

Blimey

it’s like when you get a new bank card and you’re like ‘haha, 2025 isn’t even a year that exists’ and before you know it they’re sending a replacement

8 Likes

why do bank cards expire anyway? is it so criminals can only have a few years of fun?

*slap bass riff*

11 Likes

There already was a bit with that last Poppy album wasn’t there?

Also

1 Like

Best thing they’ve ever done

The difference between 2021 and 1991 is materially different to the difference between 1991 and 1961. It’s a phenomenon called The Long 90s. I cba to explain tho.

5 Likes

This is already happening. Employed to Serve are an amazing hardcore band who are really close to nu metal with their new song :frowning:

1 Like

Code orange are huge m9

I think people make too much of cultural factors. If you asked your parents the 60s/70s probably felt as vivid or recent to them as the 90s feel to us.

I don’t relish getting old but when people say things like ‘omg that was 20 years ago, how is that possible’ I’m the one kind of thinking ‘yeah, checks out, feels like 20 years ago.’ Years are shorter than we generally treat them as being. If anything I feel like I’ve been alive longer than I have.

1 Like

No band by that name exists any more.
Sorry.

As you age, each year of your life becomes a progressively smaller fraction of all the time you’ve lived.