Gigs in cars

Really really want to get back to live music but I’m not on side with this at all.

So you HAVE to have a car. Doesn’t seem to be an area for no cars.

You get given a square for your car but you pay per number of people in the car.

There is a tory option where if you have money you get one of the first 3 rows.

Here is example for lightning seeds (??) gig.

seems absolutely incredibly bad

how do i have gig beers and go for a wee?

5 Likes

20 Likes

I’d go and see Gary Numan for the novelty value

other than that, the prospect of a drive-in gig sounds fucking appalling tbh

4 Likes

RIC OCASEK: Hey you know I’ve never been in a situation where there are more cars in the audience than playing onstage alongside me, Ric Ocasek

AUDIENCE MEMBER: (muffled voice)

RIC OCASEK: What?

AUDIENCE MEMBER winds window down

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Aren’t you dead?

RIC OCASEK: Whoa, low blow. I’d ask who the hell would drive you home, but this is a drive-in gig

Nobody laughs

RIC OCASEK: I’M WASTED ON YOU FUCKS

32 Likes

Love this.

2 Likes

From safety POV it makes sense maybe. I guess the point is that it’s only going to exist for artists whose gig-going audience are primarily there for music, are older and less concerned about the social aspect.

However how is everyone going to hear and see easily? Windows will all be wound down do part of the safety aspect of cars is gone. And then unless you have a convertible no one in the back is going to get much of a view.

1 Like

This is so fucking Tory.

4 Likes

No thanks

2 Likes

Imagine Bon Iver coming onstage in front of a sold out carpark

32 Likes

we’ve gigged in cars
danced on tables
hotels, trains and ships that sail

4 Likes

You get out the car and stay in your square.

This is why I don’t understand why people without cars can’t just get in safely and stay in a square?

Good on them for trying something I s’pose

Because the minute people get pished the idea of them saying within the square is going to go out the window entirely.

They’re maybe stupidly thinking if there’s at least one sober person driving they’ve more chance of reasoning with people/them sticking to the rules

I pity the poor cunts working as stewards at these as it’s going to be carnage

1 Like

Something something At The Drive-In reform…

4 Likes

I actually can’t stop giggling at this

1 Like

Writing from a country that’s had bars and restaurants open for almost a month now with “strict rules” in place - people do not obey strict rules.

I hope someone turns up in a cardboard car like people do when they go through drive thrus, just cause they’re so desperate to see Tony Hadley

3 Likes

KEVIN SHIELDS: Here’s a classic from our You Made Me Realise EP, which we will start from midway into the chorus for some reason

BILINDA BUTCHER: :musical_note: Get in the car and drive it all over me :musical_note:

(the audience starts revving)

COLM O’CIOSOIG: doooooohhhh I knew this was a bad idea

DEB GOOGE: Why are they this suggestible

20 Likes

You reckon they’ll sell/allow booze?