Giles Coren: what a doughnut

twats
twatoftheday

Giles Coren, eh?

Just saw this article from the other day, where he mansplains manspreading and then mandenies they exist:

Please, ladies. Manspreading is not a thing. It really isn’t. Just like mansplaining isn’t a thing and man flu isn’t a thing. They are not things.

And here’s the classic copyediting rant:

Why would you change a sentnece aso that it meant something i didn’t mean?

Yeah! Who needs copyeditors?

And here he is, foiled by Amazon’s free trial:

Any more classic Coren? Or any pompous, self-important twat really. Looking for some massive egos and ego punctures here.

Talk to you soon.

Yeah massive twat
But slightly disappointed this wasn’t a link to him reviewing a doughnut because that’s the kind of thing he’d do and the hatred I’d get from reading it would sustain me for the arvo

Got no time for the Corens. This guy is an absolute whopper.

am i missing something here?

"
I wrote: “I can’t think of a nicer place to sit this spring over a glass of rosé and watch the boys and girls in the street outside smiling gaily to each other, and wondering where to go for a nosh.”

It appeared as: “I can’t think of a nicer place to sit this spring over a glass of rosé and watch the boys and girls in the street outside smiling gaily to each other, and wondering where to go for nosh.”

"

thats the same innit?

oh they have dropped an ‘a’ - who cares

Rather less double entendre in the second I think

Something about it with the whole sentence has given me a proper giggling fit

Nosh:

A nosh:

The Times article you linked to is behind a paywall, please can you C&P?

He’s a fucking wanker, that’s for sure.

That Amazon Prime article is a great hate read.

hardly worth getting worked up about tho i wouldn’t have thought

Alan Coren - Fine

Victoria Coren - Irritating

Giles Coren - Pranny

Spot on

you know what, I like Vicky Cozza-Mitch. Her brother’s a right cunt though, no lie. Is there a thread for famous siblings you have split opinions on? if not, should there be?

Reckon you can wrangle 30+ replies out of that, get it made

I came here to read about doughnuts.

Colour me disappointed.

I remember finding that stupid thing with him and sue perkins where they dressed up and ate food from the past moderately amusing/interesting

probably was shit

http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4348845

Giles Coren-Doughnut

I’m always a bit disappointed that Sue Perkins hangs around with him on several TV series and appears to find him fine. Did he start off being okay, maybe?