Gilla Band - 2024 UK tour announced.

That’s a Friday night gig in Dublin!!! diS Dublin meat!!!

3 Likes

I’m into it, they played it a few years ago at the Forum so I’m happy to hear a recorded version. Actually prefer the 2nd half to the first, love that groove and the metal clangs.

Very excited for that London gig. Hope they bring Just Mustard with em.

2 Likes

Shoulderblades is good but I’m not fully grabbed by it. I think after a few listens I’ll like it a lot.

The tracklisting for the new album includes “Salmon of Knowledge” which is the only track listed as being explicit.

1 Like

Cool , I really didn’t think we’d ever get a second album.

2 Likes

By the way I fucking love this.

On first listen I was initially “really? this for a comeback?” and then it sort of clicked, the bass in the middle is great and the tinny drums are almost funky. The dissolve into murky NINiness near the end of good too. Would I rather put some effort into listening to this rather than striking off the vast amount of formulaic business-as-usual stuff released every week? Yes.

(and as an aside, great that they’ve managed to record another record - sounds like Dara has had a rough few years).

2 Likes

Tickets BOUGHT

2 Likes

I had a similar arc. Watching the video definitely helped it click. Love it now.

IT’S TOO LATE FOR RIKKI LAKE

2 Likes

Tickets BOUGHT! See you there!

1 Like

Just watched the video - really works well with the changes in sound and pace. Totally sold.

Lopes, Ic-Smic and I are already going, are you flying over?

Yer fucking right I am! Due to a breakdown in communication with my bro I actually have 4 tickets for Dublin! :grinning:

1 Like

YEOW

I’d be really hesitant to travel owing to past circumstances (which is not trying to blame them for cancelling gigs whatsoever) but I bet seeing them in Dublin would be perfect.

2 Likes

Yeah, the show Lo-Pan and I saw was incredible. Band on flying form and a crowd that were 100% into it. I couldn’t recommend going to Dublin for a show more.

1 Like

I’ve only seen them in Belfast but the crowds were always great here too. Shouting the lyrics back at them the day the album came out (mostly “Nutella!” but still). Didn’t go to the last couple of Vicar Street shows cos I was holding out for them to come back up north but not making that mistake again.

Really like Shoulderblades actually

Aren’t all of their vocal melodies the same?

1 Like

In retrospect can’t believe I skipped the chance to see them in Castlebar of all places back in the day. Wasn’t too early on either.

Dublin tickets bought now tho!

1 Like