Gingerbread men are fucking shite

2 Likes

No

9 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Gingerbread is one of those things where it’s so much better fresh out of the oven.

5 Likes

remember when Sainos had proper manned bakery sections, staff wearing white hats etc, and you could go up and ask for a gingerbread man and they’d give it to you in a little paper bag?

• yes, I remember, it was great
  • I remember but it was awful
  • I don’t remember and glad its not a thing these days
  • I don’t remember but I’d like it to be a thing

0 voters

International Gingerbread Man’s Day

Here right, how come you can get gingerbread in cake form, where it’s soft, and gingerbread in man form (biscuit form)? They clearly aren’t the same thing.

i would call the cake you’re describing a ‘ginger sponge’. i’d never call it a gingerbread.

Reminds me of going into a bakers with my mum or something and wanting one of the exciting cake things but getting boring gingerbread man

bakery treat item of choice when you were a kid:

• sausage roll
  • cheese and onion roll
  • cheese stick/flute
  • iced bun
  • some other type of bun
  • gingerbread man
  • a slice of cake
  • other

0 voters

Not been in a non-Greggs bakery for years :frowning:

I was obsessed with iced buns as a kid, but they are a bit shit in retrospect. It’s just bread with sugar on it.

1 Like

#notallgingerbreadmen

4 Likes

my sister always used to get cheese straws and i thought the same.

like this is your once in a lifetime opportunity at the bakers, and you’re gonna blow it on a cheese straw?

2 Likes

not ALL gingerbread men

2 Likes

le gingoi.

1 Like

The fucking business. Sure you used to get an iced version that was even better but maybe I’ve imagined that.

10 Likes

Gingerbread men bring up happy memories of spending time with my oldie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

They used to do these tiny creme patisserie tarts for 50p with like half a grape on it and it was so good

3 Likes

Exactly!

A good iced bun is a thing of splendor

5 Likes