Gingerbread men are fucking shite

christ, yeah remember these.

90s Sainsbury’s was absolutely amazing, wasn’t it. properly fucked it towards the end of the 00s I reckon.

they used to do an Indian sandwich triple, that was a korma, tikka masala and one other flavour, and they bizarrely discontinued it around 2007. still get upset thinking about it.

2 Likes
  • Gingerbread
  • Not gingerbread, obviously

0 voters

Was just about to say this, big fan

1 Like

Those ice cream cones with marshmallow inside and sprinkles on top

1 Like

Did love this growing up though. Ooh, feel inspired to make a ginger cake now.

1 Like

Currant slice, bizarrely (at least for a while). Would be just about my last pick now - would nearly always go for a Danish.

1 Like

My kids love them though. Always resent getting them as where I go they are pre-packaged and shit and expensive. Try and upsell them to a brownie or something I will want when they cba to finish them.
Used to love them as a kid though. Biting off the icing eyes and buttons etc like a psychopath.

1 Like

is a Danish the same as a Chelsea bun? always been confused about this.

Noooooo

3 Likes

fuck.

The Child calls them gingermenmen.

I don’t love them but they’re nice for a change.

3 Likes

am i imagining this, or do the company that make red stripe beer also make ginger cake?

• imagining it
  • blimey yeah, they do

0 voters

Wonder what the new ways to enjoy it are

In a soup

I’ve no idea! Looking forward to someone Googling it and letting us know though.

Danish pastries are much less bready, should have a slightly crisp outer like so

Although now I’ve done a Google search some of the Chelsea buns look very similar to that whilst others look more bready. So now I don’t know. Certainly at Cooplands they’re very different things.

1 Like

i’ve googled it and i was talking out my arse.

Thought as much

This sandwich was the absolute champ! So angry it’s gone. My personal baked good treat of choice was and will always be an apple danish, trellis or turnover.

@keith our kid used to call them ‘breadmen’

2 Likes

There’s that famous gingerbread shop in Grasmere, I was hearing about it all day from the TV when we were up there. She was giving it the Ooh its the best gingerbread you’ve ever had and all that. Get there and there’s a queue of about 20 mugs patiently waiting for their gingerbread. And was it delicious? The best gingerbread you’ve ever tasted? You ask? actually yeah it was pretty nice m8s

3 Likes