Girl Band 2019 - New album 'The Talkies' out on 27.09.2019

They’re fucking great Lopes. That’s from the Buzz Buzz EP and they released a split recently with Junior Brother. Cracking live band too.

2 Likes

Sweeeet! :+1:

Going to have to sell my London ticket as I have a work thing :frowning: if anyone hasn’t booked yet (e-ticket)

Ooh I’m interested

1 Like

Great I will send you a message

6 Likes

“Jaaysus…Jeeeesus”

Going to keep listening but I’m a bit gutted I don’t like some of these new tracks more…

I like it but it will probably work even better in the context of the album. It’s really menacing and dark, it’s more like a sound art piece or a soundtrack than a “song”, even by their standards.

SO EXCITED FOR THE ALBUM AND SEEING EM LIVE AGAIN

1 Like

Shoulderblades was a grower, I imagine this one will work better in the context of the album than as a single though.

Going Norway is one of the best things they’ve ever done

1 Like
1 Like

Sadly can’t make the London date any more, so if anyone on here wants a ticket before I bung it on Twickets lemme know. (Got the physical tickets already)

1 Like

Top marks to Dara for tackling his health issues head on. So glad they’re back.

4 Likes

Laggard is splendid and would work perfectly as the opening track on their upcoming shows.

Description of the first track really makes me think of;

Due to my excitement at the time i have ordered too many tickets for the Girl Band show in Dublin on the 22nd of Nov.
So if any Dissers know of anyone looking for 2 tickets for that gig let em know, failing that i’ll stick them on stub hub or something.

F*ck me, The Claque (Alan Duggan’s side project) is fantastic, seriously:

Sort of shoegaze, sort of Girl Band, sort of reminiscent of the Swirlies. Wow!!!

4 Likes

Yeah its proper great

1 Like

Wow hope there’s more of this!

1 Like