GLASGOW - weekday daytime hangouts

Hola. I’ve defo asked this before but always nice to get see if anything new and exciting has happened. I’m heading up for the Celtic v City game tomorrow and have about 4 hours to spare before I start proper pre-match drinking preparations. Do you have any favoured establishments for beers and snacks that would potentially be fun on a Wednesday mid-afternoon? Preferably central/east, just for geographical convenience. Apart from WEST, I don’t really have anywhere specific in mind.
Ta!

Do you enjoy travelling in the back of a van?

1 Like

?

1 Like

The state, obviously

1 Like

Also, drygate

3 Likes

go here it’s great - http://drygate.com/ it’s within walking distance of parkhead too

2 Likes

Bit gutted, thought this match was tonight. I’m gonna be at my studio in Dalmarnock while this is going on :persevere:

Go and eat at @eems’s wood-fired pizza street food truck:

4 Likes

McHuills high st perhaps

Definitely not the louden tavern

2 Likes

Unless you’re a documentary film maker.

1 Like

Or that macgregors pie and pint place

SOLD. Looks spot on.

1 Like

i’ll probably be there from about half 5ish too

Really like drygate, nice bunch of folk who work there as well

2 Likes

aye it’s great, deadly too, i don’t seem able to just go in for an hour, every time i’ve been in it’s turned into a whole day shot

1 Like

I ended up going here to start with. Duck pie and a decent ale for £7. Can’t complain at all. Plus it was a proper pub featuring old men and everything. Good stuff.

1 Like

yeah it’s a nice enough place, never really go out my way to go there (Blackfriars is nearby) but it’s decent for pie and a pint. If you go when it first opens or as it’s closing the pies are £1 too