Glass Animals have broken a record….

Don’t really know this song though for some reason.

3 Likes

Find this absolutely baffling

The previous record was held by Mariah Carey’s All I Want For Christmas Is You, on 35 weeks.

Does this mean people were buying All I Want For Christmas is You in May?

1 Like

Broken Records have glassed an animal

7 Likes

Oh and it’s a pretty decent song tbh.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve heard a note of glass animals. Best album?

I’ve only heard this song, which I listened to out if curiosity this morning having read this story.

1 Like

Once had a record,
And it was a gas
But it was broken
By the Animals of Glass
Oooooooohhhh-ooooohhhh-wwwwoooooooaaaaaahhhhh

10 Likes

Or streaming it (I can’t imagine any radio stations were playing it)

It only reached No 1 in 2019, and like a lot of Christmas hits, it’s one of those tracks that peaks every December, but still racks up streams for the rest of the year.

All three albums are pretty decent, to be fair. Reckon Zaba is the best of the three though.

Learned today that Til I Collapse by Eminem has sold 5 million copies in the US but never got onto the billboard top 100. It’s the highest selling non-charting song. Sleeper hit that’s been sat quietly racking up sales for 20 years.

2 Likes

Isnt it only song by a UK act to top spotify daily streams list too?

It is a mega average tune

2 Likes

How to be a human is really good record. Good fun live band as well

7 Likes

Ass Glaminals

5 Likes

Quite a good band. This is their best though - getting Bree Runway in was an unexpected and genius move.

Fair play to them, seem like nice lads. Did well to come back after the drummers accident

1 Like

Second album (how to be a human being) is good fun, the last album was a bit more down tempo, but a nice listen in the summer. They’re best enjoyed late afternoon at a festival, imo.

Yeah, exactly as @Lo-Pan said!

4 Likes

What happened to him? Are they like the new Def Leppard?

Mad that he’s back playing with them at all really

2 Likes

Wow. What a fighter and a lucky man!

NB I’ve listened to Heatwaves a few times now and I’m not surprised it’s a number one in the states. It’s a great tune.

1 Like