Glastonbury '17 Recommendations

Apart from the obvious (Radiohead, Foos etc), I’d like to see Ho99o9, Kate Tempest, The National, RTJ, probably Liam Gallagher, Warpaint (maybe) amongst others.
Anyone else that shouldn’t be missed?

Radiohead

3 Likes

The Lemon Twigs, john peel friday! Fucking great fun live!!

Oh and after them head up to park stage for angel olsen

2 Likes

I usually try and see the acts who I can’t see elsewhere so Barry Gibb, Kris Kristofferson, Anderson Paak, King Gizzard, maybe Katy Perry too.

2 Likes

All reports indicate that King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard are one of the most exciting live bands currently touring.

Vieux Farka Toure plays blissful African blues that’ll sound GORGEOUS if the sun’s out.

Ata Kak is a “Ghanian dance rap enigma” from the 90s. Listen to his album on Spotify - loads of fun!

Great back-to-back jazzy hip hop on West Holts on Saturday - Thundercat and Badbadnotgood!

Black Honey have bluesy guitars, passionate vocals and HUGE choruses. INHEAVEN are shambolic and euphoric.

The Hot 8 Brass Band do cool New Orleans style jazz versions of hip hop classics.

On The Glade, Josefin Ohrn + The Liberation are dark, moody, motorik psychedelic shoegaze - heady!

Jesus, it’s going to be amazing.

1 Like

Toots
SHAGGY!
Solange
Bootleg Beatles

1 Like

Napalm Death

2 Likes

Ho99o9 are awful, dont bother with them

I’d go see Busted and defo Sophie Ellis Bextor cause where else would you get the chance, would be good fun
The pretenders would be a cracking opener, Lorde would be cool. Don’t like them but Dropkick Murphys at half 1 on Sunday might be good fun

Shaggy

Bootleg Beatles may be decent if they do a special effort cause of the Sgt Peppers stuff

also dunno if you’d like the stuff but seeing Dead Kennedys, Wormrot, Extreme Noise Terror and Napalm Death would be brilliant

1 Like

Forest Swords, Wow!, Sunday 6pm

2 Likes

Don’t know much about Lemon Twigs, will have a listen. Would like to see Angel Olsen, or Kate Tempest who clashes, but people I’m with will want to see Ride (snore)

Busted and Sophie Ellis Bextor, do me a favour. Bootleg Beatles is more like it, usually camp near the Pyramid, so waking up to Sgt Pepper will be great.

Another shout for Anderson Paak, great live!

I know it takes all sorts to make this world go round, but really can’t see how one can find Ride boring but not Liam Gallagher.

Not that bothered about either nowadays, but I was more of an Oasis fan than Ride, and Liam doesn’t really clash with anyone (sorry Katy Perry fans). I’ve seen Ride twice in the last couple of years and they were pretty dull both times.

They’d be a thousand more times fun than Liam Gallagher

1 Like

Bo Ningen, Hamilton Leithauser and Angel Olsen on the Park Stage Friday should all be good.
The run of Thundercat, BadBadNotGood, Toots, The Avalanches and then Solange at West Holts looks absolutely phenomenal.
Dave is a very decent grime artist from Streatham. Cannot wait to see him live.
Elle & The Pocket Belles look like fun.
The Smyths might be okay.
Dead Kennedys are still excellent.
The Cinematic Orchestra and Boy Better Know makes Sunday.

Solange is my absolute must-see of the whole weekend though.

Yes, the Solange album is a beauty, but The National on the Pyramid. Argh.

Maybe, but it’s not a straight choice between the two. As I say, i wouldn’t ‘pay’ to see either band on their own, but given the luck of the line-up draw will probably end up seeing Liam.

I know, but I only really like Alligator and most of Boxer. So to see maybe four possibly five songs I like is massively outweighed by the loving all of Solange’s latest album.
It’s kind of a shame as I’d like to see them (esp. the drummer) live but I guess can watch their on iPlayer when I get home.
I can see Solange being absolutely stunning. Well, I sincerely hope so anyway.