Glastonbury '17 Recommendations

It’s just for crowd control, to stop people from rushing the stage. Anyone can get in there.

It was fantastic, the weather helped with getting around I think, but I’m broken this week.

Saw / heard all or a bit of the following: Thur/Fri: Napalm Death, Hacienda Classical (emotional), First Aid Kit, Kristofferson, Ride, Elbow, Radiohead (but wished I’d seen a bit of Dizzie), Mik Artistik.

Sat: Bootleg Beatles (hungover bliss), Amber Arcades, Corbyn then Run the Jewels (epic), Liam (dreadful sound - went over to Katy Perry), Avalanches, Solange, Foo Fighters (followed by epic messy night out here, there and everywhere).

Sun - Black Dyke Band, Real Estate, Laura Marling, Barry Gibb, then heard a bit of The Killers on the way out to the car park. .

I just can’t do this week. As well as being knackered, my job feels like a total waste of everyone’s time.

Nightmare isn’t it?
I thought Radiohead took a while to get going, but was great by the end. Thought Foo Fighters were fantastic at the time, but on watching the footage thought he talked too much and was a bit annoying in the end.

Did it rain much? Looked really quite dry on tv. Any mud?

A little on the Saturday, but fine other than that. Perfect weather really as it wasn’t too hot. Last year I hardly saw anyone due to the mud and the issues getting around.

Good stuff! Yeah last year was a fucking slog. and the main reason why i didn’t bother getting tickets this year

It was so non-muddy that my walking boots were somehow cleaner by the end of the weekend than they were when I arrived!

No idea how, or why.

1 Like

cue next time i go it’s fucking muddy as fuck :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was genuinely completely shattered at the end of every day from gooping my way to and from stages in the mud (last year)

1 Like

fuckin telling me, such a slog at points. still had a great time but really had to work for it.

Getting up early one morning to go from my tent (behind pyramid) to the park stage for Car Seat Headrest took I shit you not 40 minutes.

haha yeah we were camped way up to the right of the pyramid if you’re looking at it straight on.and getting from there to the park, me and my bro just looked across and could see in the distance and yer thhinking, ‘right this is gonna take us a good hour’

Come to think of it, CSH played for less time than it’d taken us to get there. More fool me I guess.

1 Like

haha yip :slight_smile:

We saw Ride, then legged it up to The Park for Elbow, would have been impossible last year, we’d have missed half of one at least (to be fair, wouldn’t have bothered missing Ride).

That’s where we camp, near the two trees. Great spot, but not much good for The Park I agree.

1 Like