Glastonbury 2017 (Armchair viewing thread)

We’re the only[belch]friends we’ve got, Glasto. It’s just Foo Fighters and Glasto. Fooo Fighters and Glasto and their adventures, Glasto. Foos and Glasto, forever and forever, a hundred years Foos and Glasto, s… things. Me and Foos and Glasto runnin’ around and Foos and Glasto time. Aaall day long forever. All, a hundred days Foos and Glasto forever a hundred times. Over and over Foos and Glasto adventures dot com W W W dot Foos and Glasto dot com W W W Foos and Glasto adventures all hundred years. Every minute Foos and dot com W W W hundred times Foos and Glasto dot com.

16 Likes

I noticed that - during Stormzy and Boy Better Know. Not sure if this is a Grime thing at all.

1 Like

‘That song doesn’t usually last three hours, but we got into a serious thing … and then I forgot how it ended.’

2 Likes

Just a bit unnecessary. They could have crammed in loads more songs in during that time. The thing is, they started off really well; Times Like These/All My Life/Learn To Fly. I was surprised how much I like The Pretender as well! It all went a bit “eh” really afterwards, except for This Is A Call, which I so desperately wanted to bleed into I’ll Stick Around, but no.

Think when they played Reading a few years back they played Wattershed and it was incredible.

Found the setlist, fucking win: Foo Fighters Concert Setlist at Reading Festival 2012 on August 26, 2012 | setlist.fm

Ruined Glastonbury apparently

1 Like

out of all the bad takes anyone has ever had about anything, this is the worst

1 Like

oh shit, i was wrong. this is now officially the most bad take

Foo Fighters were horrendous

1 Like

relevent

7 Likes

*are

1 Like

Correction appreciated

The Torygraph would say that though…

1 Like

i really like bloom, enjoy the basement version a lot. this one just sounded like it didn’t come together at all and thom’s guitar loop thing didn’t really seem to sound how it should and at points sounded like he was noodling, had a bit of an air of a radiohead shreds video.

Amen brother

1 Like

fair enough man, but there’s nothing ‘brave’ about a band being a bit loose :smiley:

1 Like

Ed Sheeran will become cool and just great pop music on here eventually right?

Yep when he stops selling records and comes back with a more r&b flavour

Goldfrapp are still a pretty fucking good band

1 Like

Have never heard of her or one of her songs but saw this 3 minutes on Saturday afternoon and loved it. Joyous

1 Like