Glastonbury 2017 (Armchair viewing thread)

Some great images of band and audience lost in music here (Radiohead).

2 Likes

14 Likes

You might be wrong.

3 Likes

U wot?

2 Likes

I think this has been a reasonably strong set so far (watching the bbc 2 set 20 minutes back) by a band I love but doesn’t feel as defining as 97 nor as emotionally engaging as 03…which was one of my favourite ever gigs…
The version of Weird Fishes/Arpeggi was amazing…Let Down is probably my favourite tune of theirs and they did it justice…they don’t seem on top form though (like the last couple of times I’ve seen them which were both 7/10 when I used to give them routinely 9s and the odd 10) and in places oddly loose considering their musical prowess…I also thought that was the worst version of Everything In its right place I can recall…I was in the minority who found a Moon Shaped Pool to be their weakest album (still half decent)…whilst King of Limbs was great texturally/sonically but didn’t fully stick…so I wonder if they are finally in a slight decline

Still think its great that as a band as (comparatively) forward thinking and thoughtful as this are so big…reflects well on society…

There there now playing so perhaps this is the start of a great finale…

1 Like

*Ever

1 Like

Did you hear paranoid android?

Can’t wait until the radioheads play this banger

1 Like

There, There was predictably great…fucking tune

8 Likes

Remember the last headline set being a lot better

1 Like

Yeah, maybe I just haven’t been paying attention and he’s always been a weak vocalist live.

1 Like

Only DiS listeners could tear into a Radiohead headline set.

You miserable, contrary, fuckers

36 Likes

Aye that sounded great

All this energy, groove and drums just further cements AMSP as a limp dirgefest

They are totally slaying this. Exceptional band. Generations and beyond.

10 Likes

I’m not really a radiohead fan (liked OK computer for about a month when I was 16, and have enjoyed bits and pieces since), but this has been pretty good (watching on BBC 2 just now). Just lacks momentum - there’ll be a couple of really good performances in a row then it hits a lull. I imagine if you’re a fan it’s very enjoyable though.

Nah. It’s by no means their best, but you need all the shades of Radiohead

Imagine having an opinion about something

1 Like

Mr Creep!

or a #hottake as it’s called on here