Glastonbury 2020/21

They’ve also played twice before so not as much of an “event” I imagine.

1 Like

So it’s starting to look like the talk of a massive blowout for the 50th anniversary was justified if they’re rolling out mega guns like Diana Ross with potentially Taylor Swift and Fleetwood Mac on the cards too. Strewth mates!

Wonder if she’ll open the whole festival with a penalty.

6 Likes

That is amazing. I cannot wait. Presumably she plays loads of supremes songs?

As someone who has been to Glastonbury 20 times I would like to assure anyone that hasn’t… there’s nothing character-building about mud there, it’s just bloody horrible and makes everything that bit less enjoyable.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/PaulMcCartney/status/1196382403771670528

2 Likes

Who’s in the middle? Will I kick myself?

Emma Stone

Very hyped for watching Macca with the kids (assuming they don’t go and watch someone else instead at that time)

This took me a good while

He’s no James McCartney

Plenty of time to book a full orchestra and backing singers to play his best ever song:

4 Likes

I’m whelmed - happy to see him, would miss for someone I’m a big fan of, easy

Sames. Only really fuck with Live & Let Die and A Day In The Life, but wouldn’t be adverse to nodding along with some drinks if nothing else appeals.

Although the ideal situ is FKA Twigs headlining one of the other stages that night while the squares are occupied

2 Likes

There’s the inevitable Caribou (park/jp/wh)headline set too, basically hoping the must sees don’t fall opposite Taylor innit.

1 Like

Oooooh Caribou, give me a bit of that. I’d catch him on tour tho if not at Glast, he’s not a rarity.

Yeah, no way I’m missing Miss Taylor for anybody, and if the rumours of Kung Fu Kenny come through (although I’m dubious) it’d take a lot to turn my head from him

1 Like

When he last played in 2004 I wasn’t bothered about watching him then someone persuaded me at the last minute.

I mean, he played a load of Beatles songs. What was I thinking? So yeah, I’ll be watching this time.

1 Like

Far less bother about not being at Glasto than I used to be, but proper gutted I’ll be missing Macca. Would be great.

1 Like

You’d bet the farm on Ringo coming on at some point wouldn’t you

1 Like

No Campervan West this year - replaced by pre-erected tents.