Glastonbury discovery

What bands/artists did you discover from this years Glastonbury? If you were there or just watched on TV like me. For me the big discovery was Sharon Van Etten. Thought her set was amazing. Also really enjoyed Miley Cyrus, which was a big surprise.

Yep SVE and Lizzo so far. I won’t listen to Lizzo again, just coz it seemed like a moment in time then, but I’m now hoovering SVE. Really good. Loved (the start of) Fontaines DC too. Already adore Idles but that set was magic.

1 Like

Billie Eilish. Wife and I loved her set and heard precisely nothing from her before.

4 Likes

Never been to Glasto but spent most of this weekend watching it on TV. Loved the fact iPlayer was showing loads. Looked like one of the best years yet.

4 Likes

Excellent coverage on iPlayer :+1:

2 Likes

agreed, although now it’s over it seems to have just faded into the rest of the iPlayer stuff instead of having it’s own dedicate section, with day by day filtering. Making it a bit more difficult to find stuff

1 Like

Oh, Fontaines DC too. Totally up my street

Lizzo. Only knew a couple of singles from the radio but that set was just something else and I’ll be giving the albums a go. Never knowingly heard a SVE song but based on the reaction here I’ll be checking her set out.

1 Like

Try putting Glastonbury in the search bar. Did that a few hours ago and it was still coming up with the day splits

ah cool. Just assumed it wouldn’t split the days. Getting by

1 Like

Excellent year and still loads to catch up on - diversifying the line up seems to have revitalised the festival.

Dave blew everything else out of the water for me. I don’t really care whether Alex was planted or not - he’s clearly a huge talent who deserves the boost he’ll get from all this buzz it’s generated.

1 Like

Sets I haven’t yet caught up on:
Lizzo
Dave
Chemical Brothers

So much…

SvE, Jon Hopkins, Neneh Cherry & Mac DeMarco are the main ones still on my to ‘do list’

The Dave album is reminding me of Original Pirate Material in a good way too, so got me in the mood for the Streets set too.

Excellent, I reckon I’ll like it then.

I really like Jon Hopkins but not sure it’ll come across well on telly?

1 Like

SVE was astonishing i thought, i knew some of her stuff but… yeah ‘Holy shit…’ was pretty much the reaction. Great choice of cover too.

Janelle Monae was the highlight of the whole thing for me

I’ve basically not stopped listening to Tame Impala since I watched their set. Never really paid them any attention before but it was fantastic.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t so much call it a discovery, more a reminder of how many absolute bangers Kylie has.

2 Likes

Judging by this thread I’ll be revisiting SVE’s set - I must have been in there for the less engaging 10-15 minute segment before I headed for Shame…her set at Glastonbury a few years back was great and I like her stuff - pleased it went down well and it was obviously just me in this case.

Shame are an excellent live band though.

1 Like