Glastonbury is back!

Can’t get the underground directly from most dissers houses

2 Likes

I’m with Richie its super easy to get to!!

never been

1 Like

dude you’ve ruined the narrative of this thread, tell me to calm down or find another hill to die on etc please.

1 Like

For us hippies richie anything is possible, you have to remember that city folk are different, very different.

1 Like

very true maaaaan, hey, what were we talking about?

1 Like

First of all, sorry for upsetting you earlier - was needlessly flippant on my part.

People are saying it’s literally difficult to get to Glastonbury from some parts of the UK (which is a really lukewarm take, given that it’s 4 hours from Manchester, and it’s probably a similar timescale for ~half the population of this country.

It’s fine to say that it’s convenient for people in Bristol/Southwest England/South Wales, but that doesn’t negate the fact that it’s difficult to get to for some people, so to say

is what is causing people to get frustrated with you in this thread. It’s not that it’s a pile-on because you’re going “against the consensus”; it’s because you’re being actively rude to people about it, and also because it’s pretty unarguable that Glastonbury is tricky to get to unless you’re in a car.

Maybe you don’t realise that (which is fine, and something I do the whole time), and perhaps I could have worded it better initially (definitely true), but yeah. Maybe take what people say a bit constructively, rather than accusing everyone of being a hivemind LME or whatever.

South West England goes further down than Taunton you know! :wink:

1 Like

I said thread peace delivered a few posts ago

2 Likes

Myyy mistake.

Mods nuke me from orbit pls

Maybe the real Glastonbury was the normal ones we had along the way.

many times I’ve re-read threads and apologised for going off on one, wording things badly. I’ll be honest I’m fine with this thread. I think Theo knows me well enough to know I wasn’t being rude and as for the LME comment, it gets used a lot or used to. Also was not upset in the slightest. Just thought your initial post was a bit rubbish.

As long as Chris Martin gets there it’s fine.
If it’s Chris Martin and your nan on bongos it’s still Glastonbury!

7 Likes

Glastonbury is back o’ beyond more like!

2 Likes

walks back in thread with pizza

4 Likes

Glastonbury.tor

^ for anyone wanting to download the livestream :smile:

right that’s my bad IT joke for today done

8 Likes

what you got?

Proximity doesn’t always make somewhere less inconvenient. The festival is roughly 9 miles from Castle Cary station, which I doubt lays on services late enough to stay until the end of a day at a festival, so you’ll probably be relying on busses. Busses take an hour to get to Bristol, so a shuttle service is hardly convenient, which leaves either a lot of designated drivers or drunk people taking risks. The infrastructure makes it an inconvenient place for 50,000 people to need to go home at midnight.

3 Likes

Your lack of self-awareness is quite something

the irony of that statement coming from you isn’t lost on me.

Now now you two. Behave

1 Like