Glen Campbell RIP

Top 5 songs of all time for me - there are often days when I think it might be my favourite song of all time. Thanks Glen. 81’s a good innings at least.

Love sticking Rhinestone Cowboy on when i’m three sheets to the wind.

How incredibly sad. RIP buddy, you had it all xx

Always a fave:

RIP

Sad but again what a career.
Wichita lineman is just one of those perfect songs that kinda stops you in your tracks.
And I fucking love a sing song to rhinestone cowboy.

All of the Jimmy Webb stuff is amazing, but yeah, Wichita Lineman is pure grace. I really love Where’s The Playground Susie as well. There really aren’t many who can convey what he does and he could play too. So sad x

And I need more than want yoooooou… and I want you for alll tiiiiiime… and the wichita linemaaaaan… Is still on the liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

all time lyrics right there

Perfection

Utterly magnificent singer. Lots of stuff that’s under appreciated (highwayman is a classic) but you can’t beat Wichita linesman. RIP

And that soup!

Ok honesty time Highwayman’s probably my earliest memory of any music, ever :frowning:

my junior year of high school i was on the golf team and we got to work the pebble beach at&t pro-am tournament (all the local high school teams sent volunteers every year). I got the assignment to carry the scoreboard with a foursome. 3 guys I knew and an another older guy i didnt know. He was the most talkative of the group and super nice. got home and told my mom the group i walked around with “… and some guy named glen campbell who I didn’t know” and she about lost her mind. she couldn’t believe how bad she had failed me that i didn’t recognize who that was. we listened to a lot more glen campbell from then on.

Probably not a career highlight:

In all seriousness, Wichita Linesman is an absolute classic.

That voice. (Wichita Lineman for example is a very demanding vocal.) Great guitar.

He and Jimmy Webb combined resulted in what is definitely one of the 5 greatest, if not the greatest, song of all time.

he’s at least at peace now.

I really enjoy his record from 2011 “Ghost on the Canvas” among the rest of his work.

I wore my Lineman of the County t-shirt today, even though the weather meant that nobody saw it.
e9054ad4b7768772e5df86c014471ebc