Go on then, rank them

There’s a Lidl on Tottenham Court Road

Le Tottenham Court Roi

1 Like

They all sell the same shit, lads. The best one is obviously the one closest to where you live.

2 Likes

Sold to Asda the petrol ones I think, although that might have been called into the Competition Commission

Yeah they have, not switching round here though yet I don’t think. Hopefully will bring the price down a bit.

For experience and niceness, I’d go:

Waitrose
Sainsburys
Aldi
Morrisons
Tesco
Asda
Lidl

But for actual day-to-day “ah I need to do a run to the supermarket” I’d go:

Tesco
Sainsburys
Aldi
Morrisons
Asda
Waitrose
Lidl

1 Like

End of the year they are meant to change there’s one on the main road (well the main road that isn’t East Lancs) near us only reason I know. They are constantly having to put posts on the community facebook about why prices are so high.

1 Like

Lidl
Asda
Tesco
Iceland
Aldi
Sainsburys
Booths

1. Sainsburys - there are loads of them near me.
  2. Asda - would go more if there was one near me.
  3. Waitrose - feels fancy going there
  4. Aldi - good wine
  5. Lidl - good wine but some woman once had a go at me in there because I was wearing a purple shirt and she thought I was the manager.
  6. Morrisons - can’t remember the last time I even saw one.
  7. Co-op - too expensive, even with my NUS discount. The one near me never sticks to their opening times either.
  8. Tesco - awful places.

Obviously depends on the store but I’d have Morrisons bottom when it comes to experience. Aisles are always too narrow and things are in illogical places. They only get mid ranking overall for me because of their frozen vegetarian offerings, jalapeno hummus and international stock.

only 1 waitrose in wales and no booths so ruled out for being AT IT

lidl/aldi the best
sainsburys good for veggie stuff but expensive
tesco bang average
co-op bad for veggie stuff and expensive but at least it’s a co-op…?
Morrisons dunno quite like how much they bake though
asda bad

Because it doesn’t exist.

2 Likes

Big Saino’s
Waitrose
Morrisons
Aldi
Lidl
Tesco
Asda

Waitrose does have some nice stuff but it’s never worth the extra price. Morrisons do the best meat, hence their place at the top of my list.

Sainsburys - closest to my house
Tesco - second closest to my house
Lidl - third closest to my house
Morrisons - fourth closest to my house
Waitrose - miles away

Morrisons has the best beer selection by miles, but it’s still an extra ten minutes in the car. They are though the closest to my parents house and to my in-laws house, so when I am in Plymouth or Portsmouth they temporarily become the best.

2 Likes

Forgot about that Lidl. I have shopped there!

Rankings adjusted accordingly.

1. Lidl
  2. Morrisons
  3. Asda
  4. Waitrose
  5. Sainsburys
  6. Aldi
  7. Tesco

Aldi
Lidl
Waitrose
Sainsburys
Tesco
Asda
Morrisons

The closest big supermarket to our house is a Tesco but it’s really, really shit and basically was built for tourists, which is fine but the stock in there is really, really weird and I hate it. End up driving 30 mins to Aldi or Lidl, normally.

Lidl bakery section > almost all other retail experiences

4 Likes

all the same really aren’t they

No they’re all different, that’s why we’re ranking them. Sorry if the premise was unclear.

2 Likes