Goblin Mode

• I say this all the time, no wonder itā€™s just been voted word of the year
  • Not on goblinmodebook m8

0 voters

5 Likes

I thought it was gaslighting

No you didnā€™t

53 Likes

is this when youā€™re eating loads of food?

1 Like

No, itā€™s when your science experiment goes drastically wrong and you open a can of whoopass on Spider-Man.

4 Likes

Ooooof

1 Like

Iā€™ll be in goblin mode this Christmas. Goblin up a load of delicious mince pies!!!:joy:

32 Likes

Exceptional.

2 Likes

I do say this.

Goblin is such a good word, isnā€™t it. Instantly feel a bit gross just saying it.

Goblin mode is my default mode.

11 Likes

You all merely adopted goblin mode. I was born in it, molded by it.

7 Likes

I only learned about the phrase very very recently so not used it. Do quite like it though, might start using it.

Wasnā€™t goblin mode a thing last year? Iā€™ve definitely had a conversation on here where I used it to refer to my toddler being gross and confusing Kermit who thought it was a sex thing.

2 Likes

The only time Iā€™ve seen it is the twitter account ā€˜animals going goblin modeā€™

3 Likes

I use it but possibly in the wrong context - we use it to describe the behaviour of the pack of French bulldogs (6 of them!) that live down the road from us who go bonkers (in a nice way) when we see them.

1 Like

Google Trends indicates that ā€˜Goblin Modeā€™ became a ā€˜thingā€™ in the third week of February this year:

Should mean
  • To act in an unapologetically slovenly and lazy way
  • To act with an energy and madness associated with a pack of French Bulldogs

0 voters

I didnā€™t vote for the option I truly believe it is, I voted for the option that I want it to be.

2 Likes

Forget Goblin mode, is Orc mode a thing yet?

4 Likes

I voted for it to be word of the year